Cannot Find Tijuana Satmex 5

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mr.crane

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Tried 3 different lnb, first one geosat bullet, invacom quad, and invacom universal single. I am on right bird, as i get BYU. I guess this is a tuff channel to get.
geosat 90cm dish. getting Q around 70 on some transponders. some which are only data. If someone can pm the current settings for TJ, would be appreciated.

BYU is now on............

Galaxy 28, transponder 4
Feed Type: Ku-Band
Downlink Frequency: 11787.25 MHz
Downlink Polarity: Horizontal
Data Rate: 22.000 Mb/s
Symbol Rate: 15.914 MS/s
FEC: 3/4
Program Identifier: 20

I JUST scanned 117w and all I get is one channel (Also 2-3 feeds) at

H

VERY weak at 20 Signal Quality, but very watchable here.

BYU is now on............

Galaxy 28, transponder 4
Feed Type: Ku-Band
Downlink Frequency: 11787.25 MHz
Downlink Polarity: Horizontal
Data Rate: 22.000 Mb/s
Symbol Rate: 15.914 MS/s
FEC: 3/4
Program Identifier: 20

I JUST scanned 117w and all I get is one channel (Also 2-3 feeds) at

H

VERY weak at 20 Signal Quality, but very watchable here.

my Q is about 60, byu, wild feeds from Chile. mtyabout 3 channels, but nothing on them, they are irdeto

Teleuisa Tij is on, NX program while writing, I see this channel with my Sonicview (I just got it in flea market 25$;))

The volumen always very low:(

But great! still remains...:):up

PD: right now: news

Last edited:
The List says it is on 12086 H 1954

What Freq/SR do you use?

couple of weeks ago, a Member on this site, said he was watching it on,
tp 11974 H 1562. I noticed on lynsat, it says 1562 3/4, so should you
round off the 3/4 to 1, so it will be 15621? done about 5 blind scans, network scans
and satellite scans on my Pansat 3500. BYU, and some other Religious program is all I get, earlier Today was getting some Wild Feeds from Chile.
By the way Nice Dish Farm you Have!

couple of weeks ago, a Member on this site, said he was watching it on,
tp 11974 H 1562. I noticed on lynsat, it says 1562 3/4, so should you
round off the 3/4 to 1, so it will be 15621? done about 5 blind scans, network scans
and satellite scans on my Pansat 3500. BYU, and some other Religious program is all I get, earlier Today was getting some Wild Feeds from Chile.

The 3/4 is not part of the symbol rate.
The 3/4 is the FEC (Forware Error Correction) value, most receiver do not need it as they automatically detect it.

EDIT: I just scanned it in at 11977 H 1562 (I will rescan the satellite in detail mode and post an update to TheList.)

Last edited:
I´m watching Televisa Tijuana at 11976 H 1562, coming in real strong , though because of such a low SR it takes a while to come in, even my pansat 2700 which has a very good scanning suffered a bit.

On the other hand I read a while ago, I believe at another site that the footprint for this tp was not very strong over the border. Not sure about that though, I´m just south of the texas border and I´m getting around 80% Q.

I´m watching Televisa Tijuana at 11976 H 1562, coming in real strong , though because of such a low SR it takes a while to come in, even my pansat 2700 which has a very good scanning suffered a bit.

On the other hand I read a while ago, I believe at another site that the footprint for this tp was not very strong over the border. Not sure about that though, I´m just south of the texas border and I´m getting around 80% Q.

thnks will check it out! UPDATE, thanks so much, it is coming in Strong with Quality about 70

Last edited:
Teleuisa Tij is on, NX program while writing, I see this channel with my Sonicview (I just got it in flea market 25$;))

The volumen always very low:(

But great! still remains...:):up

PD: right now: news

on my coolsat I changed the audio from "english" to "spanish" and I get normal audio not that very very low radio station!

I wonder why the mexican stations don't use Close Captioning in Spanish or English?

Are they poor broke, or just too lazy to use the CC system?:(

I wonder why the mexican stations don't use Close Captioning in Spanish or English?

Are they poor broke, or just too lazy to use the CC system?:(

They are far from being broke, at least the big two: Televisa and Tv Azteca, heck, Televisa wants to buy Telemundo from NBC (they once owned Univision) and Azteca owns broadcasters all over Latin America, retail stores and telecommunications firms.

They don't do Spanish CC because disabled folks here have no clout, there is no outcry from lobbyists or groups for them to put CC on TV, so if they don't do it in Spanish odds are even worse for them to do it in English

They don't do Spanish CC because disabled folks here have no clout, there is no outcry from lobbyists or groups for them to put CC on TV, so if they don't do it in Spanish odds are even worse for them to do it in English

I don't know what having a 'clout' means (besides a slap to the face) but I do know that since it's not required by law to include Closed Captioning in all of the broadcasts, they simply won't do it, altough they do it for some shows but it's pretty limited.

And as you said it, they are far from broke even if Televisa's it's near it's 50-50 level since they spent half of their 'liquid' money buying Nextel México (pending a licitation for more spectrum), they were even trying to acquire Univisión, a channel they have never owned in reality due to laws forbidding that (they have to form a partnership with someone from the USA)... but now has partnered with Telemundo México to broadcast the channel via their sibling TeleviSat (includes Sky, Cablevision, Televisa via Satellite for Europe).

Cheers

M.

"clout" in the context I wrote = political influence or making the TV networks fear a boycott. That doesn't happen down here, TV is King. Azcarraga and Salinas Pliego do pretty much whatever they please

I am glad, to see Telemundo doing CC in English but not 100% though.

Univision, don't seems care about Engliish in CC.:(

Yes sadly to say there is no ADA, in old Mexico they are at least 30 years backward. I hate say this I think Mexico, is a failed state thanks to countless fightings going on and makes feel like you are in Iraq combat zone.:eek:

"clout" in the context I wrote = political influence or making the TV networks fear a boycott. That doesn't happen down here, TV is King. Azcarraga and Salinas Pliego do pretty much whatever they please

Yup, and more with the fact that TV Networks think Mexico's capital is everything so they tend to make decisitions solely on the focus groups of that kind of people, when in fact in other parts like the north have different "tastes", and it's actually seen in the so called 'national news' when all they talk about is the capital and only talk about other states to show how somebody was executed... the only 'good news' we get about us is when they don't show 'bad news' about us.

N5XZS said:
I think Mexico, is a failed state thanks to countless fightings going on and makes feel like you are in Iraq combat zone.

It varies from state to state, in some places it's the same as even the US with a style of life relaxed and no apparent poverty in place, but then again i'm talking about that México most of the international news don't show, there are places where narcotraffickers are fighting to be the 'stronger one' against other armed groups (whom by the way buy their guns in USA) and against the army, and THOSE news you'll get, not the others.

But... it doesn't matter what happens, a lot of people still think of méxico as someone with a sarape, eating a taco, seated by a cactus alongside his donkey in a dirt road, while in fact there's a lot of development in a lot of branches of technology, but, then again, mostly only those of us who are in science do know about it.

Cheers

M.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts