Cannot get PBS HDTV off AMC 3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

timmy1376

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2004
Manhattan, KS
I cannot get PBS HDTV off of AMC 3. I looked on lyngsat and found the numbers but I do not even get a sniff of it. Can someone confirm it is there??

numbers if you have them too.

thanks

12128 MHz Horizontal
SR 14028
PMT 48
VPID 49
AC 3 PID 52
PCR 49
Service ID 3

Weird, that is what I was using. Was getting good signal on the game, but nothing on this transponder. Any thoughts? Couldn't even scan it in with the coolsat.

I noticed that the PBS transponder is also weak in my area. Other transponders hit the 85-90 quality but the PBS stuff only gets about 50% quality here.

I have to play with my dish elevation setting everytime I lose PBS-HD. I am currently getting it at 35% which is a record high.

you guys can't get it when you want it. I get the damn thing at a 60 and I don't want it! (It screws up my receiver)

My dish needs realigning anyway, but I haven't been able to get that PBS-HD transponder very often before. Very weak signal and changing strength/quality throughout the day/night.

beeb said:
My dish needs realigning anyway, but I haven't been able to get that PBS-HD transponder very often before. Very weak signal and changing strength/quality throughout the day/night.

Exactly.

I finally got the transponder to show active, but not because of anything I did. It would finally just scan in on the Coolsat last night, but on the PC card, it was going from 0 quality up to about 13, but never enough I could lock the signal. I did not move the dish at all, and one night I cannot get it, the next partially.

Xevious2K said:
I have to ask, What kind of receiver are you guys using to get HD Channels?
I use a QUALI-TV QS1080IR High Definition Satellite Receiver. But, I can't get the PBS HD channel. I can get a signal that jumps around, but it won't lock in. I get the regular PBS feeds with no problem. Just can't get that HD channel to lock. That's using a C-band dish. I haven't tried using the Fortec fta dish yet. But, then I really don't care to watch it anyway.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)