Cannot get PBS HDTV off AMC 3

Status
Please reply by conversation.

timmy1376

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2004
Manhattan, KS
I cannot get PBS HDTV off of AMC 3. I looked on lyngsat and found the numbers but I do not even get a sniff of it. Can someone confirm it is there??

numbers if you have them too.

thanks

12128 MHz Horizontal
SR 14028
PMT 48
VPID 49
AC 3 PID 52
PCR 49
Service ID 3

Weird, that is what I was using. Was getting good signal on the game, but nothing on this transponder. Any thoughts? Couldn't even scan it in with the coolsat.

I noticed that the PBS transponder is also weak in my area. Other transponders hit the 85-90 quality but the PBS stuff only gets about 50% quality here.

I have to play with my dish elevation setting everytime I lose PBS-HD. I am currently getting it at 35% which is a record high.

you guys can't get it when you want it. I get the damn thing at a 60 and I don't want it! (It screws up my receiver)

My dish needs realigning anyway, but I haven't been able to get that PBS-HD transponder very often before. Very weak signal and changing strength/quality throughout the day/night.

beeb said:
My dish needs realigning anyway, but I haven't been able to get that PBS-HD transponder very often before. Very weak signal and changing strength/quality throughout the day/night.

Exactly.

I finally got the transponder to show active, but not because of anything I did. It would finally just scan in on the Coolsat last night, but on the PC card, it was going from 0 quality up to about 13, but never enough I could lock the signal. I did not move the dish at all, and one night I cannot get it, the next partially.

Xevious2K said:
I have to ask, What kind of receiver are you guys using to get HD Channels?
I use a QUALI-TV QS1080IR High Definition Satellite Receiver. But, I can't get the PBS HD channel. I can get a signal that jumps around, but it won't lock in. I get the regular PBS feeds with no problem. Just can't get that HD channel to lock. That's using a C-band dish. I haven't tried using the Fortec fta dish yet. But, then I really don't care to watch it anyway.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts