Cannot get signal after moving... and no help from dishnetwork

His dish is pointed to the southeast, turning it around will have it pointing into the building so it wont work that way. I would say that most likely his balcony on his apartment is facing due east and he wont be able to get any other sat. I dont think that the sw21 would have caused him to not see the sat either, Im suspecting that either its just an aiming issue in relation to his elevation settings, a defective part such an lnbf, switch, coax, or receiver, or possibly the old switch matrix needs to be cleared out.

Have you confirmed your elevation by inputing your zipcode into your receivers signal screen?

Here are the new pictures. I tried again today to get the signal but nothing... I am still trying at 31 degrees for the elevation with the new setting. By the way, there i nothing above me, sorry if the old pictures did not show that well...

"Have you confirmed your elevation by inputing your zipcode into your receivers signal screen?" The displays shows N/A for the elevation when I select dish 500 for my new zip code and for my old zip code as well (where I used to get the signal).

"possibly the old switch matrix needs to be cleared out" How do I do that?

Thanks again for your help,
Le fou

Attachments

• HPIM0158.JPG
    HPIM0158.JPG
    265.4 KB · Views: 87
  • HPIM0159.JPG
    HPIM0159.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 73
  • HPIM0160.JPG
    HPIM0160.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 103
  • HPIM0161.JPG
    HPIM0161.JPG
    352.2 KB · Views: 106
Odd, your receiver should show an elevation and azimuth for any zipcode.

If you have run check switch and you have xx xx on the result screen then its cleared. As I thought your balcony does face due east as well, somewhere in the forum is a thread or 3 that has a link to a website that has an elevation calculator. You can also contact dish to get the elevation for the 61.5 sat also, Im wondering though if the mount that your dish assembly is on may not be level itsself and throwing off your elevation on the dish. The compas does show that you have a good idea as to what to do to aim your dish so I think your fine there, if the pedestal is level and your aimed properly and your at the right elevation then I think your looking at an equipment issue. If your using the flat white ribbon cable that some apartment complexes require that may also be the cause of your no signal issue, that stuff is junk.

Last edited:
Le fou, what programming are you trying to get??? Depending on how far away that extension on the building is it may be in the way for LOS on the 119/110 As far as 61.5 They did move alot of international channels from the 61.5 to the 105. I'm in Bellevue-pm me and maybe I can stop by. Depending on what apartment complex you are at, I would guess you have the cable ran thru the patio door and are pinching the cable. As far as azimuth... go back to the menu and select Dish 300 and then put your zip code in. Azimuth and elevation for zip code 68107 are 128 & 31

"Depending on what apartment complex you are at, I would guess you have the cable ran thru the patio door and are pinching the cable."
I am running the cable thru the patio door but I am not closing the door so the cable is not pinched - this is not the long term plan but just the trying one...

"As far as azimuth... go back to the menu and select Dish 300 and then put your zip code in. Azimuth and elevation for zip code 68107 are 128 & 31"
This is what I have done.

"Depending on how far away that extension on the building is it may be in the way for LOS on the 119/110" What does LOS mean?

I am trying to get TV5, it used to be on channel 606.

"somewhere in the forum is a thread or 3 that has a link to a website that has an elevation calculator"
This is the link: http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Installation/Satellite-Heading-Calculator.htm

Thanks again,

Le fou

le fou said:
"Have you confirmed your elevation by inputing your zipcode into your receivers signal screen?" The displays shows N/A for the elevation when I select dish 500 for my new zip code and for my old zip code as well (where I used to get the signal).

"
Le fou
Do NOT select dish500, select a dish 300, you are only trying to find a single satellite (61.5) not two (110/119). If you do this then you will get the elevation & azimuth for your zipcode.

One note - the only way to get numbers for 61.5 is to select Dish300.

HOWEVER, when using a Dish 500 with standard Y-adapter, your azimuth is going to be 4.5 degrees off! :yikes You're using the 119 hole, so SUBTRACT the 4.5 from the reported number. Also, I think it's already been mentioned, but make sure you set skew to 90.

Looking again at your pic, I still see no reason why you couldn't spin that dish about 50 degrees clockwise, and up around 10 degrees (check both with your point dish screen) and grab 110/119. Of course, you'd need to switch LNBs to get both.

P.S. LOS = Line Of Sight (in this thread anyway - it can also mean Loss Of Signal).

He is getting 61.5 satellite, his problem is 110/119, but if your dish setting showed at the picture is for 110/119, then I think you has the problem >> elevation and there is a single lnb thats for one satellite. So, I believed the dish at the picture is for 61.5 satellite and it looks like a legacy lnb. You better show us the other dish setting for 110/119 which the dish elevation setting is much higher then the dish showed at the picture. And it should using the twin lnbs if that go to a switch 21. And the twin dish must be skew setting with correct elevation.

Ok this may be a stupid question but when your in the signal strength screen do you have the 61.5 sat selected to show its signal?

I too beleive he is getting 61.5 put not his programming TV5 - I am not 100% sure put as I stated above... I beleieve Dish moved a bunch of international channels to the 121 and he will need a SuperDish. Lefou if you'd like, send me a p.m. and I could stop by and see what is up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts