Cannot lock onto Dish Satelittes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lrdchivalry

Original poster
Sep 23, 2019
Liberty Lake, Washington
Hello everyone! New member here and apologize for not using any search function but really frustrated with the problem I am about to ask help with.

I currently live in an rv full time and am a current subscriber to Dish. I am using a 1000.2 dish mounted on a tripod. I moved from Spokane to Liberty Lake and now I cannot lock onto any of the Dish Satellites. I have used the info of dishpointer, the info Dish has given me and two different satellite finders. The satellite finders will tell me I have a strong signal (60-70) but looking at the diagnostics page on my tv shows a signal strength of 0. As a retiree with a fixed income I cannot afford the $125-$150 the original installer wants to charge to realign the dish.

The diagnostics page current is set at tuner 1, satellite 119 and transponder 11. I am new to using satellite tv and been trying for a week to lock onto the satellites, including moving the dish to different locations, using satellite finding apps and the two satellite finders that attach to the dish. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Respectfully,
David

Can you post a photo of your dish mount that shows the elevation and skew settings you're using?

sat pic.jpg

Reactions: charlesrshell
Ok, your settings look good for Liberty Lake. What satellite finder are you using and where is it connected? If you're seeing a 60-70 signal at the dish, then it may be that you have a bad coax connection at one end or the other if you're aimed at the correct sats. Have you run a switch test with the new setup?

Ok, your settings look good for Liberty Lake. What satellite finder are you using and where is it connected? If you're seeing a 60-70 signal at the dish, then it may be that you have a bad coax connection at one end or the other if you're aimed at the correct sats. Have you run a switch test with the new setup?

The two sat finders I have been using are:
IMG-0978.JPG IMG-0979.JPG

I am currently hooked up to the dish and in the dish diagnostics page and if I set the tuner to 1 and sat 110, transponder 21, I get a signal strength of 0.Tuner 2 and sat 119 with transponder 21 I get a 64 strength. Tuner 3 with sat 129 and transponder 21, the strength will fluctuate between 26-27.

When I test installation I get a message that basically says the check switch has found fewer satellites than previously detected. Selecting save will result in a loss of channels. Press cancel to keep original setting and return to the previous menu. Only select save if you are sure that this new setting is correct for your installation or you have added/removed equipment. I don't know what I should do, save or cancel.

It seems as though your aiming is 1 satellite slot (9-10 degrees) to far to the west. Swing your dish back to the left until you lose, then reacquire a signal using your analog meter. Peak that signal and run another check switch. Don't be concerned about which tuner is selected.

The two sat finders I have been using are:
View attachment 140720 View attachment 140721

I am currently hooked up to the dish and in the dish diagnostics page and if I set the tuner to 1 and sat 110, transponder 21, I get a signal strength of 0.Tuner 2 and sat 119 with transponder 21 I get a 64 strength. Tuner 3 with sat 129 and transponder 21, the strength will fluctuate between 26-27.

When I test installation I get a message that basically says the check switch has found fewer satellites than previously detected. Selecting save will result in a loss of channels. Press cancel to keep original setting and return to the previous menu. Only select save if you are sure that this new setting is correct for your installation or you have added/removed equipment. I don't know what I should do, save or cancel.
Save it to see what satellites you're actually pulling in.

Reactions: pattykay
Save it to see what satellites you're actually pulling in.
Clicking save gives me a warning.

Are you sure you wish to proceed with fewer satellites? It is recommended that you never remove satellites from your configuration. By saving this setting you will lose visibility to some channels. Select save to keep this setting or cancel to exit back to the installation summary screen.

I didn't save but according to the switch status it looks like I would have had 119 and 129 but not 110.

Ok something else I don't understand. When I have it on tuner 1 sat 119, transponder 22 the bottom of the screen will initial say satellite 119 locked but then changes to satellite 110 locked. If I changed the satellite to 110 it has a signal of 0. Also lost my signal strength for 129 as well.

Would I be changing the azimuth or the skew?

Azimuth.

Ok something else I don't understand. When I have it on tuner 1 sat 119, transponder 22 the bottom of the screen will initial say satellite 119 locked but then changes to satellite 110 locked. If I changed the satellite to 110 it has a signal of 0. Also lost my signal strength for 129 as well.

Until you complete and save the check switch results, disregard the satellite designations below the strength meter. I would do as osumike suggests and save the results so you know exactly which birds you are locked on.

Update! I saved the switch results but didn't move the dish. I am getting sats 110 and 119 but not 129. I am getting channels and not sure which channels I may be missing but at this point in time it appears I have a lot of channels.

Update! I saved the switch results but didn't move the dish. I am getting sats 110 and 119 but not 129. I am getting channels and not sure which channels I may be missing but at this point in time it appears I have a lot of channels.
You're most likely missing the hd version of most of your channels if you're not getting the 129 sat. Are there trees in the way of that satellite?

See if your getting 119 through the LNB for 119.

I bet your dish is pointed to 101/110/119

If so, lower your elevation 5 degrees and move dish further west.

If that doesn’t, the kangaroo help line is 800-333-3474

You're most likely missing the hd version of most of your channels if you're not getting the 129 sat. Are there trees in the way of that satellite?

no trees, but off to the right of the dish but across the street from my rv spot is a garage. According to my sat finder apps all the sats I need sit well above the satellite. I can live without hd channels if needs be but would like fix this issue since I am paying for it.

no trees, but off to the right of the dish but across the street from my rv spot is a garage. According to my sat finder apps all the sats I need sit well above the satellite. I can live without hd channels if needs be but would like fix this issue since I am paying for it.

Place a mark on your azimuth, elevation and skew. Play with your azimuth and elevation until you sight the 129. If you get tired of the process, just revert to your present settings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts