Cannot Sign-up For NBA League Pass

Status
Please reply by conversation.
D

dalyew

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 16, 2012
Coral Springs, Florida
I've been trying to sign up for NBA League Pass on Directv for over a week now & have been unable to. I first tried doing it in my online account without success & was instructed to do it by phone with Directv Customer Service. After 4 phone calls & over 4 hours on the phone with them & one escalation to a manager, it has been determined that Directv is not offering League Pass as yet.

This is all strange as the website is still offering the package with even a payment installation plan, but this may just be a residual Web page from last season. When I was last with Directv a couple years ago, it wasn't this hard to order League Pass. Can anyone shed any light as to what's happening this season? I know the regular season hasn't started as yet but preseason games are going on & other providers have already allowed their subscribers to sign up for this season.

Sent from my SM-N910T using the SatelliteGuys app!

D

dalyew

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 16, 2012
Coral Springs, Florida
Both NHL Center Ice and NBA League Pass state the following on their respective pages: "We are working to have this sports package available by the start of the season." No one is able to order either package yet, including Commercial customers....
http://www.directv.com/sports/nhl
http://www.directv.com/sports/nba
That message was there for months then just over a week ago it was replaced with a message with the payment options & a phone number to order which took you to Directv Customer Service. Everytime I called them to order the rep says yes they can help but when they try to finalize the order they are not able to. I got as far as a manager which confirmed that they are taking orders for League Pass but he was unable to get the order through.

He said he would escalate the problem and I saw that they reverted the page back to the preseason message. Something weird is going on & I wonder if it is a negotiation thing between D* & the NBA.

The regular season starts in about 2 weeks with preseason games already playing. In previous years I would have been able to order this package already, with an early bird discount. Online, NBA.com is already taking orders & before we moved to D* last month, we could have ordered it on Uverse but didn't, as we knew we were switching to D*.

Jimbo

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
That message was there for months then just over a week ago it was replaced with a message with the payment options & a phone number to order which took you to Directv Customer Service. Everytime I called them to order the rep says yes they can help but when they try to finalize the order they are not able to. I got as far as a manager which confirmed that they are taking orders for League Pass but he was unable to get the order through.

He said he would escalate the problem and I saw that they reverted the page back to the preseason message. Something weird is going on & I wonder if it is a negotiation thing between D* & the NBA.

The regular season starts in about 2 weeks with preseason games already playing. In previous years I would have been able to order this package already, with an early bird discount. Online, NBA.com is already taking orders & before we moved to D* last month, we could have ordered it on Uverse but didn't, as we knew we were switching to D*.

You can't order it right off the D* NBA channel ?

Sorry, I was expecting there to be an NBA League Pass channel in the low 100's like there is for the ST each year, but I am not seeing one.

D

dalyew

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 16, 2012
Coral Springs, Florida
You can't order it right off the D* NBA channel ?

Sorry, I was expecting there to be an NBA League Pass channel in the low 100's like there is for the ST each year, but I am not seeing one.
I tried ordering directly from one of the League Pass channels as well but the message says to order by phone as well.

Jimbo

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
The nice thing about there being a ST ordering channel in the low 100 s is once you do order, that channel will say "You are Authorized " for this channel or something like that.

JUCJ85

JUCJ85

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 13, 2010
NY
Are you trying to order as a first time customer, cause mine renewed already, $39.99 a month for 5 months, so just under $200, already activated my broadband part, had to go through NBA.com support as the DirecTV sign in wouldn't allow me too activate it.

D

dalyew

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 16, 2012
Coral Springs, Florida
Are you trying to order as a first time customer, cause mine renewed already, $39.99 a month for 5 months, so just under $200, already activated my broadband part, had to go through NBA.com support as the DirecTV sign in wouldn't allow me too activate it.
Trying to order as a new customer. Had just the streaming version from NBA.com last year but I am now using my new Directv ID to order it this year.

Before I moved from Uverse to Directv last month I swore I saw the same $39.99 per mth payment plan offered by Uverse so I was surprised when I got Directv & I didn't see an option to order League Pass.

As I mentioned earlier, the payment options were there for a few days but I was still unable to order. Very strange that it's so close to the start of regular season & we can't order the package from Directv.

JUCJ85

JUCJ85

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 13, 2010
NY
Trying to order as a new customer. Had just the streaming version from NBA.com last year but I am now using my new Directv ID to order it this year.

Before I moved from Uverse to Directv last month I swore I saw the same $39.99 per mth payment plan offered by Uverse so I was surprised when I got Directv & I didn't see an option to order League Pass.

As I mentioned earlier, the payment options were there for a few days but I was still unable to order. Very strange that it's so close to the start of regular season & we can't order the package from Directv.

The page is now showing it as $39.99 for 5 months, or $199.95 for 1 payment, so it looks like it's working now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.