Can't activate a 311 anymore???

old corps

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 13, 2005
Mid-Michigan
I sold a 311 I owned and she's being a told (one story anyway) that as I of August 1st Dish will no longer activate SD receivers. WTH???:confused:If you go to the Dish site NOW and look for a SD receiver they show a 311. Anybody know if there's any truth to this or if you have any particular package they won't activate a 311 receiver? She's on the Western Arc. She said they started with Turbo HD and from what I can decipher is now on a conventional package with HD added-don't know which one. Could this be why or is this B.S.? Doesn't make any sense to me.:rolleyes: I gave her the ceo addy.........
Thanks for any input!

Ed

I dont think that is true that they wont activate them. Heck, they are sending them out as replacements. Now this may be the case in some markets for the 301 and legacy receivers as they do not have the 8PSK tuner in them.

Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I knew about EA requiring Mpeg 4 receivers, not WA. She's in Texas on WA and says she called 4 times and can't get them to activate it--needs a new smart card as well. One of the reasons was what I started this thread with. Another was because of the package she has which she doesn't to seem to know what it is but says she started with "Turbo HD" and then switched to a regular package with HD added for $10 @ month. Doesn't make sense to me.:rolleyes: I used it with WA and had subbed to HD with no problem. You just got the SD channel versions on it, of course. Hope she gets it taken care of from the ceo.

Ed

Eastern Arc does require MPEG-4 receivers. There is a solution though. Having a Dish 1000.2 dish at 110,119,129 for the MPEG-2 receivers and if your locals are on 77 then have a dish pointed there. This allows you to use both MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 receivers.

I don't believe she's really on western arc. If she can really see 110/119, then the 311 should be fine. It can even handle 8PSK.

I don't believe she's really on western arc. If she can really see 110/119, then the 311 should be fine. It can even handle 8PSK.
That's what I suspected but no, she IS WA. I walked her through checking signal strength on a few SD channels and she has good ss on 110 & 119. I didn't have her check any HD channels but she's got one dish with 3 LNBs so I'm guessing it must be a 1000.2.:confused::rolleyes:
Thanks for the post Krell.

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)