cant activate a 721

blombardo

Original poster
May 1, 2010
PA
I have just purchased a 721 off ebay (after verifying from a Dish rep that the numbers on the receiver and card were good) - It arrived... they added it to my account and activated it. However the unit itself appears to be in a 'loop' and will not properly turn on - so I can't confirm if it works... Some dish reps say it is not going to work because of the old smart card - and that new cards will not function in it... But = they will activate it. -Brian

Dish no longer activates 721s. No new smart cards. Also, they are a part of the Tivo lawsuit and will most likely be rendered useless. I'm afraid you bought yourself a paper weight.

Well if they have it activated on the account use your dhpp to have it replaced , if they can't provide a 721 then a 612 will be the replacement at it has hdmi and componet . Once its replaced the new box shuld still show owned.

Good luck

Well if they have it activated on the account use your dhpp to have it replaced , if they can't provide a 721 then a 612 will be the replacement at it has hdmi and componet . Once its replaced the new box shuld still show owned.

Good luck

First, a 612 isn't what they replace 721's with and it never has been. Second, it won't show owned.

522s were used as replacements for the 721 and you did buy a boat anchor thanks to TiVo and your inability to search for information on receivers.

Well. Gess I. Shuld be intruble for having. DNS swap my grandfathers out getting him. A 612 ..or mabe it was the NEVER luck that it also shows owned.. go figure

I check completed listings on eBay. The only one sold in the time period was $0.99. Ok for a doorstop I guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts