Can't add a plus pack...

Vaggeto

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 4, 2004
I am trying to get a pluspack dispute worked out with Voom currently, so I decided to order it while waiting for the dispute to get resolved.

About a week ago I ordered it... they added it and said it should show up. It didn't. So after 25 minutes of waiting on the phone for it to show up, it never did and he said it would soon, so I got off.

2nd day, nothing.

3rd day: I had starz sd, Love, and Mystery, but no others. So I called again, and I was told I needed to leave the Voom receiver off between the hours of 12AM-3AM, so it could get the update and give me Starz. I left it off from 8PM to 5AM. Still had the same 3.

4th day: I still had the 3, called in and talked to a supervisor and they said it would work that night. But they didn't.

5th day: I lost the 3 that I did have.

6th day: I still don't have any of the Starz channels, so I called in, and was told to take the access card out for a minute, put it back in. I did then I restarted by unplugging it and plugging it back in. I was told the issue was being escalated.

So that's where it's currently at. Most CSRs figured as soon as the channel was added it should have shown up. The box is a new one, that came with the newest software. I've restarted it several ways, several times, with no changes.

Any ideas? I was hoping they would attempt to add HBO or showtime or something for a few minutes to test if those show up, but they haven't done anything like that.

So that's where I'm at now.

Vaggeto, I would ask for another box. These new boxes have bugs in them also. The same happened to me with my locals. They could not figured out why the locals could not come in. They were mapped alright but no signal and it was not an antenna alignment problem. Short story, after they hit the box; took the box of of the account and re-hit it - nothing. Solution --> replacement and everything works.

Sorry: It should have said "it was not an antenna..."

This sounds almost exactly like what is happening with my locals. I have factory reset/rebooted ad nauseum. Verified my serial number with the CSRs. They have hit my box multiple multiple times and still nothing. I'm starting to wonder if it's not just something wrong with my box.

Thanks... looks like I will request that.

I initially thought that couldn't be the problem because I figured it would have nothing to do with it unless it was software related, and if so... it should update the software pretty soon, right?

Sean Mota said:
Vaggeto, I would ask for another box. These new boxes have bugs in them also. The same happened to me with my locals. They could not figured out why the locals could not come in. They were mapped alright but no signal and it was not an antenna alignment problem. Short story, after they hit the box; took the box of of the account and re-hit it - nothing. Solution --> replacement and everything works.

Sorry: It should have said "it was not an antenna..."
So you are saying that I tried 3 antenna and it may be the box for the reason i cannot receive local channels this doesn't make me happy with Voom, I love the hd movies, but someone should have said something like the installer? Jeanie still wondering about locals?

Is it really the STB itself, or is the culprit the replacable 8vsb (OTA) module?

Bill

rjbar said:
So you are saying that I tried 3 antenna and it may be the box for the reason i cannot receive local channels this doesn't make me happy with Voom, I love the hd movies, but someone should have said something like the installer? Jeanie still wondering about locals?

Jeanie, it happened in my case because I knew that I was getting locals from my 6000u (connected to the same antenna), my mapping was correct and I had another V* receiver with a different antenna getting locals. So my situation was unique and I exhausted all the possibilities and the only that remained was the receiver not good.

I wonder if you get any type of signal on your V* receiver by tuning to the channel and going to the ota meter?

Jeanie,

I also wonder if your mapping has been fixed. You sent me the following:

8.1, 15.1, 21.1, 39.1, 43.1, 69.1, 69.2, 69.3 listed on voom site. listed channels are 16.1, 16.2, 22.1, 28.1. 44.1 on my guide voom

if the mapping is incorrect, your stb will show no signal for locals.

Well... here we are over a month later and I finally stopped calling the awhile back and also cancelled starz awhile back because I never got the channels, only 1-2 of the love/mystery or SD channels at a time.

and... they call me today! Great guy called... was very nice and basically said everything was in order and I would be getting what I was told I would get when I ordered. Only problem was a slight issue with ordering the boxing match that is causing them a problem when trying to add the Starz pack to my account.

So a month later they call back and everything gets settled. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)