Can't get 2 tuners Directv HD DVR to work

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rednyle

Original poster
May 18, 2011
Sunnyvale
I have a slimline 5 dish using multiswitch with a 2 tuners HD DVR but I can't get it to work with both tuners. It'll work fine with single tuner alone so I can only record and watch the same channel only. When I set it for dual tuners, I'll get "errors found on tuner 2" error. Can some please help?

I'm using the Directv MSPLIT2R1-03 splitter to split the single cable coming out from the wall to 2 cables to the directv DVR. I'm also using 2 BBC right after the splitter, so the BBC is between the splitter and the DVR. I've set my Directv DVR to have the the following settings:

dish = slimline 5
type = multiswitch
tuners = dual

Please let me know if you any additional info.

Thanks,
Dom

If you are using the old 6x8 multiswitch setup (or the 4 output LNB) you need 2 lines to each DVR

Only the SWM setup can do a single cable to the unit (and get both tuners)

What setup do you have?

The receiver needs to have two cables connected to the satellite or multiswitch. The BBCs will have to be connected between the dish and receiver. You can't connect the cable from the dish to the splitter then the two cables from the splitter to the receiver.

The splitter you have connected needs to be removed. It is a swm splitter. That splitter is used with a swm system and is connected between the swm lnb or switch and receiver.

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)