can't get a signal on Satellite 2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
G

Original poster
I recently bought a Directv DVR and it worked great for a couple of days. All of a sudden I was unable to geta hood signal on the second line connected to the the DVR. Today, I can't get a signal whatsoever. I checked all of the cables, and everything was connected properly. I even tested the cables and none of them seem to be faulty. I've called and spoke with Directv and they kept telling me to try different things and nothing worked. Has anyone seen this problem before?

Did DirecTV suggest swapping cables at the back of the DVR? If the problem stays with tuner 2 (satelllite 2) then the problem is a bad tuner. If is doesn't, it is the wiring, multiswitch, or LNB.

You did not mention what type of dish you have but if you have a dish without a multiswitch swap the cables at the LNB. If the problem stays on tuner two, it is the wiring. If the problem goes to tuner one it is a bad LNB.

If you have a dish with a multiswitch try a different port on the multiswitch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)