Can't get AMC8 alaska channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lassar

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 16, 2007
Illinois
I had been trying to get amc8 Alaska channels.

According to lyngsat amc8 beam picture, you should be able to get the amc8 Alaska channels anywhere in the nation.

Is lyngsat wrong on this ? If so lyngsat should get their act together.

Have you gotten the AMC8 Alask channels ?

What do you know about this ?

-

If so lyngsat should get their act together.
Remember Lyngsat is a Free Project, based on the other side of the world, although not perfect, be thankfull to have it.

While AMC8 may be visible, I believe that TP is spot beamed toward Alaska only.
You can not see it from Illinois.

I am in South Fla, an not even the slightest signal at all, what lngsat has listed.
Their is 3 transponders that are active, music an talk radio, all vertical polarity, an they are strong here with 90 on quality.
now going back maybe 4 or 5 years I used to get Alaska stations on this sat, but no more, think they changed their beam pattern a wile back.

Their is 3 transponders that are active, music an talk radio, all vertical polarity, an they are strong here with 90 on quality.

You say you can get talk radio on the vertical channels.

What are the transponder frequency, symbol, and audio pids for the vertical channels?

-

All Horizontal channels on AMC8 are spotbeamed to Alaska so unless you are in AK, Northern CA, OR, WA or BC you cant get them

Eastern Oregon here and its only 35 - 40%Q on the Mercury II. Think I am on the other edge of the spot. Its nice to watch the news. Lived in AK for some time and its just like old times watching it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)