Can't get an answer from Dish Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tbzjr

Original poster
Mar 5, 2011
nj usa
I called DN to purchase a Vip211K, they are telling me I can't upgrade to another HD receiver on my account, will not explain further because the computer says' no.

Then they tell me that I can upgrade to a Vip211 or Vip411 but just not the 211K. It would also require an installer visit of $15.00, no activation fee and change my monthly from $7.00 to 10.00 for that receiver. I went in to saying I wanted for the EHD DVR feature any costs for that they said no.

They are telling me it has something to do with my area, I can't get anything else out of them.

I then asked if I purchased a ViP211K off ebay would they activate it, would it work with my current setup and are there any other fee's other than the $7.00 going to $10.00, they said if the REC_ID was good they would activate and no change in fees or activation other than than the $3.00 monthly. I went in to again saying I wanted this recvr for the EHD DVR feature are you sure there is no additional costs for activation or monthly.

It just sounds wrong to me from what I have read please comment on setup below

I would be replacing a 381 with the ViP211K, I have (2) 381's and 1 ViP222 on the system now.

They told me no activation fee, my monthly rec. charge would go from $7.00 to $10.00 and there would be NO 1 time $39.95 charge to activate the EHD-DVR feature.

Now from what I have been reading something sounds wrong, what am I missing????

Can you send me a PM with your account number? I can answer all your questions.

211's and 381's both cost $7/month. If you haven't paid the $40 fee for EHD to be activated, you will need to (for the 211/211k/411 receiver family).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts