Can't get an answer from Dish Network

tbzjr

Original poster
Mar 5, 2011
nj usa
I called DN to purchase a Vip211K, they are telling me I can't upgrade to another HD receiver on my account, will not explain further because the computer says' no.

Then they tell me that I can upgrade to a Vip211 or Vip411 but just not the 211K. It would also require an installer visit of $15.00, no activation fee and change my monthly from $7.00 to 10.00 for that receiver. I went in to saying I wanted for the EHD DVR feature any costs for that they said no.

They are telling me it has something to do with my area, I can't get anything else out of them.

I then asked if I purchased a ViP211K off ebay would they activate it, would it work with my current setup and are there any other fee's other than the $7.00 going to $10.00, they said if the REC_ID was good they would activate and no change in fees or activation other than than the $3.00 monthly. I went in to again saying I wanted this recvr for the EHD DVR feature are you sure there is no additional costs for activation or monthly.

It just sounds wrong to me from what I have read please comment on setup below

I would be replacing a 381 with the ViP211K, I have (2) 381's and 1 ViP222 on the system now.

They told me no activation fee, my monthly rec. charge would go from $7.00 to $10.00 and there would be NO 1 time $39.95 charge to activate the EHD-DVR feature.

Now from what I have been reading something sounds wrong, what am I missing????

Can you send me a PM with your account number? I can answer all your questions.

211's and 381's both cost $7/month. If you haven't paid the $40 fee for EHD to be activated, you will need to (for the 211/211k/411 receiver family).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts