Cant get Coolsat 8000 to update software

Status
Please reply by conversation.

etechiederekw

Original poster
Feb 8, 2007
Please Help!!!

I got Coolsat 8000, I download the zip file provided by Iceberg. I just can't seem to flash the box. I using null modem cable provided by the online seller. I power cycled the unit many times, tried different cable, and so so. I even tried a console terminal program such as Hyperterminal to console in..I'm not getting any repsonse. I'm stuck...

I'm suspecting they disable console port.

null modem cable...check
you have to download the loader that is in the zip file (I assume you unzipped it)

The box needs to be on first, then press start on the computer after opening the file, then power switch the box off and on (the switch on the back) and it will load just fine :)

I had issues too. What I did is turned on the unit with the switch on the back, waited for it to show LD and the spinny thing on the front display, then hit start.

Even if you've tried both a straight-through and a null-modem cable, it's worth trying a couple more. I recently had a similar problem, and it turned out one of my cables was bad!

You also can get a null modem adapter at radio shack and use a regular cable. cost 8.95 just add the adapter to the one end that goes to the pc.

Thank you guys!!!! I was keep power cycling the unit using the front power button on the front, not the back...Damm You guys rockS!!!!

tHANKS iCEberg!!!!

Thank you guys!!!! I was keep power cycling the unit using the front power button on the front, not the back...Damm You guys rockS!!!!

tHANKS iCEberg!!!!

The ffront button or the OFF on the remote , does not really turn much off , on most receivers .

wyr

I got all files loaded. Is there any special setup for dish network HD..Because I not getting HD channels on the list

I got all files loaded. Is there any special setup for dish network HD..Because I not getting HD channels on the list

To receive the HD Dish Network programming call 1-800-825-2557. They can get the HD channels going with no need to program anything on your end!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Local CBS

A guide for G10R on PocketPC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts