can't get DMX 741U to work on c-band. Please help!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chadg2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
Maiden Rock, WI
Hi! I hooked my jumper from top(ku port) to LNB, hooked RCV to Receiver and can't get c-band to come through. I get Ku perfect using 10600 freq. and 22k switch on. No c-band using 5150 and 22k switch on or off, nothing. What am I now doing right?

On the Universal unit you need to set to diseqc in the menus

port 1 for C-Band
port 2 for KU Band

I was hoping the lnbf used the 22k switch for c-ku switching because I already have a 4 port switch between the receiver and the lnbf. I suppose this setup will not work using 1 cable from the lnbf?

Because the KU side is universal that is where the 22k is built in. You cant have 2 22k switches in line ;)

In that setup you would need 2 lines to the diseqc switch and bypass the internal one. The only switch that would work that way is if the 1st one is uncommitted (like the digiwave 8x1). If its a regular 4x1 then it wont work and you would need 2 lines

chadg2 said:
i'll go with (2) lines and bypass. Thanks much!

you could use the lnbf without its built in switch. since the universal low band is pretty useless to north america simply put the ku lnb on the 22khz on side and use an lof of 10600. works fine and will only require one cable to the dish if you dont mind your 22khz switch outside.

crackt out,.

I already have ku freq set at 10600 with 22k set to on, but my problem was c & ku switching using (1) cable with a 4-port diseqc installed inside the house to control other dishes hooked into the system.

chadg2 said:
I already have ku freq set at 10600 with 22k set to on, but my problem was c & ku switching using (1) cable with a 4-port diseqc installed inside the house to control other dishes hooked into the system.

you need a 22khz switch at your dish. make sure the ku lnb is cabled to the 22khz ON side of the switch. that way the 22khz tone will trigger the switch you added and the internal switch in the ku universal lnb. then cband to 22khz OFF and one cable from that switch to your diseqc 4x1. i ran my spitfire elite lnbs this way. cabling it this way will bypass the builtin diseqc 2x1 switch in the dmx741u.

iceberg... the ecoda is able to pass diseqc commands while 22khz is always resident on the coax when applied.

crackt out,.

i think they are a piece of junk,got one ,never got it to work,i moved on to b1 sat stack c band only.....c band only is the only way to go..get a 39 inch dish for ku.

iceberg... the ecoda is able to pass diseqc commands while 22khz is always resident on the coax when applied.

I've never got it to work like that on regular 22k switches. Only ecoda ones. Other 22k switches will only give me the low band on a Universal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts