can't get no signal except 101

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mikedz4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2004
Comcast installed their.new dev in February. The installers tried to take my directv equipment and I stopped them. Well now I am trying to.setup.my directv equipment again and it won't pull in any of.103 and low numbers on 99. It's getting marginal numbers on 101.

Line from.dish goes to power inverter (power to swm) signal to ird. goes to splitter.
Red port goes to network switch.
1st orange port to genie mini
2nd Orange port to genie.

Is that setup correct?

Are the cables ok? Just got the dish in October. Already had lnb replaced once

Comcast installed their.new dev in February. The installers tried to take my directv equipment and I stopped them. Well now I am trying to.setup.my directv equipment again and it won't pull in any of.103 and low numbers on 99. It's getting marginal numbers on 101.

Line from.dish goes to power inverter (power to swm) signal to ird. goes to splitter.
Red port goes to network switch.
1st orange port to genie mini
2nd Orange port to genie.

Is that setup correct?

I go from SWM dish to the Power Inserter to the splitter (must be on the Power (Red)) then to the recvrs.

Anyways the lady on the phone told me a $50 charge for a tech because I have a flat cable. Tried to blame it on the frost. Finally I agreed to the charge and they are coming Thursday between 12 and 4.
Could the frost really cause my problems?

Last edited:
Next Thursday. That is the soonest they have. Good thing I have cable as well or i'd be very upset

Must have power to wall plat and itd. To box

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

That's the process of making fine adjustments in the dish alignment.

Just curious would it be possible to trade out my mini for a wireless mini?

You could lose alignment through high winds, faulty installation, any number of reasons. In order to get a wireless, it would have to be on the work order. Changing it now would most likely move your date back several days. No harm in calling and asking about it.

They said 99 for wireless mini 99 for wireless video bridge and 50 for new equipment. Plus New contract.

They said 99 for wireless mini 99 for wireless video bridge and 50 for new equipment. Plus New contract.

Prices vary per account. I had a customer get 3 wireless and the bridge all for nothing. I had OMG tell me another customer could get one free but would need to pay for the others. And I had another customer need to pay 99x4 one for setup and one for each client. Thought for sure that one was gonna wanna stay with wires but she paid it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

What are the advantages of wireless vs wired besides being able to more the wireless where ever you want it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts