Can't get rotator to work...HELP!!!

scott78945

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
Ok, I have a Zenith brand rotator. A picture of the one I bought is below. I am using 20AWG thermostat wire for the cabling. I have checked the colors 3 times to make sure I have all of them on the same terminals for the rototar and for the receiver box. I go through the synchronization status and it is supposed to set up the rototor to the full 360 degrees but it doesn't move at all. Then after the synch I try to move it manually back and forth and it doesn't move. Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong? The directions state that wire #1 should be the "silver or wide jacketed lead". I was told that thermostat wire would work just as well but is this not working because all of my wires are copper? I want to get this thing up and working but I just don't know what else to do. Thanks.

http://www.buy.com/prod/Zenith_ZEN_RTR1_Remote_Control_Antenna_Rotor/q/loc/111/90129520.html

I wanted to get the Channel Master brand but lots of places are sold out and on back order. Others are selling them for almost $100 which is why I went with this one. Warren Electronics is supposed to have them back in end of May. We'll see...

Last edited:
Ok, I have no idea what I did but after moving the wires around a little everything is working now. I just hope I never have to move it again...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)