Can't get satellite 129

floridastatenolefan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 26, 2012
Florida
Trying to get a 211 HD receiver to pickup satellite 129 using a HD Turbo dish. I'm able to get 110 and 119, but not 129. I was using a 311 SD receiver, but tried to upgrade this weekend. I have the dish set according to the setup numbers using the zip code. I tried adjusting the skew and azimuth with no improvement. The mast is plumb and the elevation is set per the numbers on the screen. The dish has two cables coming from it. I'm using an old switch on the house that I used with my old sd receiver and sd dish. I also tried connecting directly one cable at a time. I can pickup a splitter/combiner, just didn't have one. One of the cables is producing both 119 and 110. One of the cables is producing only one of either 119 or 110 (tried unplugging and plugging one at a time). Neither of them will lock to 129. I can only get about 52 percent signal on 110 and 119. Tweaking any adjustments makes the strength worse rather than better. 129 will get signal manually (using the point dish feature) on certain transponders, but doesn't lock to the correct one I guess. I'm at a loss, I'm getting some HD channels off 119 and 110, but most are on 129 since I'm missing them.

Thanks

You need to bypass the old switch. It probably isn't doing you any favors and may actually be the problem.

You should run a cable directly from an output on the LNB assembly to each receiver (passing through a ground block if you're so inclined).

If you're determined to use the old switch you'll need to give us a model number or other specific information and we can tell you if it could work and how.

You should also run a Check Switch to make sure that the receiver recognizes your setup.

Finally, rather than using the azimuth and elevation from the receiver menu, consult DishPointer that can give you much more precise and up-to-date results.

EDIT: Come to think of it, the az-el information on the menu is for a DISH 500 and WILL NOT work with a DISH 1000.2. You really need to use DishPointer or seek out an outdated PDF designed for the DISH 1000.

Self-installing is overrated.

Trying to get a 211 HD receiver to pickup satellite 129 using a HD Turbo dish. I'm able to get 110 and 119, but not 129. I was using a 311 SD receiver, but tried to upgrade this weekend. I have the dish set according to the setup numbers using the zip code. I tried adjusting the skew and azimuth with no improvement. The mast is plumb and the elevation is set per the numbers on the screen. The dish has two cables coming from it. I'm using an old switch on the house that I used with my old sd receiver and sd dish. I also tried connecting directly one cable at a time. I can pickup a splitter/combiner, just didn't have one. One of the cables is producing both 119 and 110. One of the cables is producing only one of either 119 or 110 (tried unplugging and plugging one at a time). Neither of them will lock to 129. I can only get about 52 percent signal on 110 and 119. Tweaking any adjustments makes the strength worse rather than better. 129 will get signal manually (using the point dish feature) on certain transponders, but doesn't lock to the correct one I guess. I'm at a loss, I'm getting some HD channels off 119 and 110, but most are on 129 since I'm missing them.

Thanks
Lose the switch, there is already one in the dish. The 311 really won't work very well for this as it won't really see most of what is on 129. The ck switch screen is the only thing that will help you peak it. But the big problem in the 311.

I just ran the address using dishpointer. You are correct, the elevation on dishpointer was 38.7, I have it set on 42. That may be a big part of the problem. The azimuth setting is about 4 points different two, the skew is about 3. I'll try the adjustments, but just so I understand, the turbo dish has two lines coming from a three prong lnb. I'm only hooking up a single 211 dish. You note that I should "run a cable directly from an output on the LNB assembly to each receiver (passing through a ground block if you're so inclined)." The receiver has a single port for in, so where does the other line go? Should I be using some kind of a reverse splitter? Sorry for my ignorance here. Thanks

I just ran the address using dishpointer. You are correct, the elevation on dishpointer was 38.7, I have it set on 42. That may be a big part of the problem. The azimuth setting is about 4 points different two, the skew is about 3. I'll try the adjustments, but just so I understand, the turbo dish has two lines coming from a three prong lnb. I'm only hooking up a single 211 dish. You note that I should "run a cable directly from an output on the LNB assembly to each receiver (passing through a ground block if you're so inclined)." The receiver has a single port for in, so where does the other line go? Should I be using some kind of a reverse splitter? Sorry for my ignorance here. Thanks
If the receiver is a 211 not a 311 you just need one line coming in from the dish to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)