Moving prime time away from HD

gemini5362

Original poster
Dec 11, 2013
Arkansas
I am in an Rv. because of where I am parked I do not get my local channels in HD. I just went to a Hopper and wanted to use prime time. The guide shows all the prime time channels scheduled to be recorded but none of them are recording I suspect it is because they are all on HD I can get the NON HD local channels on my reciever. I just put the hopper in today and this is the first time I have tried it. I have a hopper at my regular home but I am in the camper for a few months so would like to get Prime time channel recording while I am here.

You need to give Dish your new service address so they can turn on your local locals.

Maybe you need to wait a day or two. We use All American Direct for DNS and the Autoskip feature of PTAT works with the SD channels from AAD. I wish the one tuner for all four feeds would work for AAD

Thank you for your responses. I called dish and Prime Time recording is only for the HD Local Channels. Evidently I get Local Channel SD programming on Sattelite 110 and I get Local Channel HD programming on 129 transponder 3. I can get satellite 129 in the higher transponders. I am getting 55db on 129 xponder 16 but not getting signal at all on transponder 3.
I can watch the local signals in SD and can manually set the recorder to record Local Channels on the three tuners. Would have been nice to be able to just turn on Prime Time recording and have it automatically record them and still have two tuners available for regular recording. I can turn on local channels where I am at. But I get them over my antenna and by keeping the normal local channels where my home is I can watch for any news or weather alerts.

Thank you for your responses. I called dish and Prime Time recording is only for the HD Local Channels. Evidently I get Local Channel SD programming on Sattelite 110 and I get Local Channel HD programming on 129 transponder 3. I can get satellite 129 in the higher transponders. I am getting 55db on 129 xponder 16 but not getting signal at all on transponder 3.
I can watch the local signals in SD and can manually set the recorder to record Local Channels on the three tuners. Would have been nice to be able to just turn on Prime Time recording and have it automatically record them and still have two tuners available for regular recording. I can turn on local channels where I am at. But I get them over my antenna and by keeping the normal local channels where my home is I can watch for any news or weather alerts.
You have driven you RV outside of the spotbeam that is on tp 3. You need to give a new address to E* of where you are now. Then they can turn on the HD locals for that area. You will not get your "home base" locals anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)