Can't get the od transponders on 110 after installing a Super dish repositioning kit

mo59

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 21, 2005
I replaced the Super dish 121 LNBs with a repositioning kit. I locked 119, and 110. The check switch on a 322 shows that all LNBS are OK with odd and even polarities. When I check the signal strength for the 110 the even transponders are green (58-70) the odd transponders are either missing or red less than 10? Is the 110 LNB bad? or I need to adjust the skew or elevation?

The 119 even and odd transponders are showing green (58-63)

Thanks and looking forward for your responses.

Did you do this to add 129? Do you have 129 in the switch test? You should have Dish Pro LNBs so you are not Voltage switching the missing polarity is probably bad LNB but if you were upgrading for 129 and you don't have it it could be a misalignment.

Hi Boba,
I did more testing today. Let me shed some light on my previous setup on 121. I used to get the 119 and 110 using the 121 superdish (after Dish stopped using the 121 for international) and the international from 148 using a dish 300. The three LNBS are connected to a dp 34 switch.

Today, following your suggestions, I tested the superdish with the repositioning kit to check the 129. I am getting the 129 welcome screen on channel 9901. The signal strength on a combination of odd and even transponders is in the 25 -30 range. Some transponders are yellow i.e. less than 10.

I tested the 118 and I am getting the welcome screen on 9903. The signal strength is between 48-62 on the different transponders.

So I think the skew need to be adjusted that is why I am missing the odd transponders on 110 and low signal on 129? or the elevation need to be tweaked more? When I run the check test it tells me that the 110 LNB odd and even are ok! Am I missing some thing?

Thanks.

Hi Boba,
I did more testing today. Let me shed some light on my previous setup on 121. I used to get the 119 and 110 using the 121 superdish (after Dish stopped using the 121 for international) and the international from 148 using a dish 300. The three LNBS are connected to a dp 34 switch.

Today, following your suggestions, I tested the superdish with the repositioning kit to check the 129. I am getting the 129 welcome screen on channel 9901. The signal strength on a combination of odd and even transponders is in the 25 -30 range. Some transponders are yellow i.e. less than 10.

I tested the 118 and I am getting the welcome screen on 9903. The signal strength is between 48-62 on the different transponders.

So I think the skew need to be adjusted that is why I am missing the odd transponders on 110 and low signal on 129? or the elevation need to be tweaked more? When I run the check test it tells me that the 110 LNB odd and even are ok! Am I missing some thing?

Thanks.

you've got me a little confused.

So you had a 121 Superdish. Which "REPOINT KIT" did you get? The 129 Repoint Kit or the 118.7 Repoint Kit? They are different.

If you have the 129 Repoint Kit (new arm & yoke)(and you need to have added 2 DP-duals for a total of 3), Then you should be getting the 110/119/129 Sats - even and odd. If you are not, its either aiming or obstruction probably. After putting this kit on an old SD121, you need to reaim (re-peak) it slightly to get all 3 sats properly. There should be NO 118.7.

Do you need 118.7 for internationals?

I believe you previously had 119, 110 and 148 (for internationals). You were probably using a SuperDish for 119 and 110 with 121 disconnected and a 300 for 148. You now are trying to use the repoint kit for 119, 110 and 118.7. If you are getting 58-63 on 119 you should try to re-peak your dish to get higher signals. Double check what your skew, elevation and azimuth are for your area. The skew DOES change if you add 129 which it sounds like you aren't using.

First, re-peak your dish to get the highest possible signal. Try 119 first, then 110 and finally fine tune on 118.7.

Second, connect all cables to your 34 switch and run a check switch on your receiver(s).

Third, if you are still only receiving even transponders on 110 one of three things could be bad. Try these steps to troubleshoot the problem. Swap cables the the LNB with the 119 (port 2D). Re-run check switch. If you are still only receiving even transponders on 110, it is the LNB. If 110 is good and you are only receiving even (or odd) transponders on 119, the cable is bad or the port on the switch is bad. To check the switch swap cables on the switch and re-run check switch once again. You can tell if it happens on only one input from the switch on your system info screen.

I hope this helps! Don't mess around with 129, that is only for HD and you are using a 322 SD receiver.

Hi Topcat0399,
I am using the Dish Network 148328 SuperDish Dish500+ repoint kit with 129 Bracket. The middle LNB gets both 119 output 2D and 118.7 on 1F. There is a DP LNB for 110 and I added a DP dual for the 129 using the additional bracket.

I think I need to reaim and see what I will get.

Thanks

Hi Kb2vgp,
Thank you for the suggestions, I'll try them and will let you know.

Much appreciated.

Folks,
It was a faulty LNB. I swapped it with a good LNB and I am getting both odd and even transponders now on 110.

Thanks for all your help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)