This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Can't hit Simon Bolivars C-Band with a small dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Eduardito

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 8, 2011
San Juan, Puerto Rico
- how small a dish are you using?
what type? post pictures please

- did you readjust your elevation on the dish when you substituted the C-band LNBF?
(on most dishes, you cannot center a c-band LNBF where the Ku was, but maybe on yours you can)

Thank you for your reply! It's this one.

It's pretty small I think 4 feet?

I originally was going to use this one:

Which is 4.5 feet but if you notice when you point it towards venesat it's blocked by the Dish antenna (lack of foresight!).

In the receiver which is Openbox s10, I just added the C Band version of Simon Bolivar that came preloaded with it. I'm out of my depth when it comes to configuring the receiver but that's the way I did it the first time and it worked.

Have you skewed the LNBF properly? dishpointer says 31.8° (CCW when looking into the face of the dish, rear of the LNBF) Might be your LNBF is 90° off? (program TP on both polarities to confirm) FWIW: I wonder about that footprint map, as I have that TP very strong here in NW Minn. But the footprint map shows me on the very edge of the footprint. I think I'd try for another satellite, one I knew had me in the primary footprint, and tune up the feed focal length. Then try again for it.

C Band on a "little" Dish is not easy, nor reliable.
Bypass All switches, and have the Receiver and TV at the Dish, or Sat Analyzer / Meter.
Bigger is always better.

I would say that dish is to small for C Band. Its very very tough to get C Band on a 4 foot DISH. You might be able to pull in a transponder here and there but nothing reliably.

Now that the Ku Band LNB is back on it, I might either try to get NSS 806 on the 4.5 footer and see what happens since I already have it tuned to Hispasat and I already bought the CBand LNB, it probably won't work but I'm just messing around with it for the fun of it. When that doesn't work i'll go 6 or 8 feet.

I am looking for one, the only problem down here is the hurricanes. This season has been particularly active, so I would've had to take it down 4 times this year already and we're not done.

6ft is the smallest I've used in your area for cband.

Status
Please reply by conversation.