Please reply by conversation.

Eduardito

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 8, 2011
San Juan, Puerto Rico
- how small a dish are you using?
what type? post pictures please

- did you readjust your elevation on the dish when you substituted the C-band LNBF?
(on most dishes, you cannot center a c-band LNBF where the Ku was, but maybe on yours you can)

Thank you for your reply! It's this one.

dscn0689l.jpg

It's pretty small I think 4 feet?

I originally was going to use this one:

dscn0687n.jpg

Which is 4.5 feet but if you notice when you point it towards venesat it's blocked by the Dish antenna (lack of foresight!).

In the receiver which is Openbox s10, I just added the C Band version of Simon Bolivar that came preloaded with it. I'm out of my depth when it comes to configuring the receiver but that's the way I did it the first time and it worked.

Have you skewed the LNBF properly? dishpointer says 31.8° (CCW when looking into the face of the dish, rear of the LNBF) Might be your LNBF is 90° off? (program TP on both polarities to confirm) FWIW: I wonder about that footprint map, as I have that TP very strong here in NW Minn. But the footprint map shows me on the very edge of the footprint. I think I'd try for another satellite, one I knew had me in the primary footprint, and tune up the feed focal length. Then try again for it.

C Band on a "little" Dish is not easy, nor reliable.
Bypass All switches, and have the Receiver and TV at the Dish, or Sat Analyzer / Meter.
Bigger is always better.

I would say that dish is to small for C Band. Its very very tough to get C Band on a 4 foot DISH. You might be able to pull in a transponder here and there but nothing reliably.

Now that the Ku Band LNB is back on it, I might either try to get NSS 806 on the 4.5 footer and see what happens since I already have it tuned to Hispasat and I already bought the CBand LNB, it probably won't work but I'm just messing around with it for the fun of it. When that doesn't work i'll go 6 or 8 feet.

I am looking for one, the only problem down here is the hurricanes. This season has been particularly active, so I would've had to take it down 4 times this year already and we're not done.

Eduardito said:
Now that the Ku Band LNB is back on it, I might either try to get NSS 806 on the 4.5 footer and see what happens since I already have it tuned to Hispasat and I already bought the CBand LNB, it probably won't work but I'm just messing around with it for the fun of it. When that doesn't work i'll go 6 or 8 feet.

6ft is the smallest I've used in your area for cband.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)