Can’t Live Without Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Good. I am staying with DISH till the bitter end. But I have been thinking a lot about the end coming someday. Makes me sick thinking about it. We have several FireSticks and use several streaming services. Really sucks compared to the Hopper 3. I like your setup with AirTV combined with Sling. Thanks for all the info you have posted about it.

I am the same way. I have been with Dish since 1999. I have not found any other service that will give me what I get from Dish. Nothing compares so far I have found.

Good. I am staying with DISH till the bitter end. But I have been thinking a lot about the end coming someday. Makes me sick thinking about it. We have several FireSticks and use several streaming services. Really sucks compared to the Hopper 3. I like your setup with AirTV combined with Sling. Thanks for all the info you have posted about it.

I know what you mean, the future sure looks bleak. I could probably get along with just streaming, but I think I have a good value figured out with a single Wally, flex pack and OTA locals. The savings for a streaming service just isn't there, I like to mindlessly keep the TV on in the background without sucking up internet bandwidth.

I know what you mean, the future sure looks bleak. I could probably get along with just streaming, but I think I have a good value figured out with a single Wally, flex pack and OTA locals. The savings for a streaming service just isn't there, I like to mindlessly keep the TV on in the background without sucking up internet bandwidth.
Plus recording on the Hopper is so much better than with YTTV, you can actually set it to record just new programming. I record almost everything I watch & don't need 50 previous episodes of a show I'll never watch again. If YTTV would just change that one thing I could probably live with the other things that bug me.

Last edited:
Streaming is a great add on, but Dish still is my main-stay. I cannot get the Super Stations or the Movie Pack elsewhere, and also a good selection of diginets. Could be better, like adding Antenna TV, Rewind, Decades, and METV+, but otherwise the line up is great. No other national service offers what Dish does. I have a friend that may leave Direct for Dish, as Direct is too expensive. He likes Sports, but the cost is getting too much. Streaming here, I would not want for my main TV service, as we lose it at times. The DVR on the Dish receivers is great. The Cloud DVR systems vary all over the board.

I work hard so I have a tremendous respect for what it takes to "make ends meet". That being said, if you can no longer afford a premium service, like Dish, then you have to make decisions that prioritize your expenses
Very well put..We are looking to build a new retirement home this year and I already dropped dish services for my OTA along with Philo..Also made some changes in our internet provider..Now using T-Mobile phone service along with T-Mobile home internet for $95 month and just got the Philo $15 month with the$10 month discount for a year.. That's just $110 a month for phone, internet and Philo Tv...We also use 4 Fire TV's because we like how it will intergrade the guides for OTA and Philo plus several other apps all into one.And with the FireTv's I can basically get any other discreet services I want..I'm wondering how long my RV account with dish will stay active if I don't use it though

My wife and I live in our motorhome and travel extensively. We work as camphosts in various RV parks/resorts and state parks. We are currently in a state park that is in a broadcast tv blind spot due to hills, has no cell service and I have been able to only connect to unreliable slow internet. RV parks notorious for having poor internet and their cable systems aren't much better. If I didn't have my Dish system, any type but Hopper is my favorite, I don't know what I would.

Does Channel Master still make a OTA recorder? I read some of the cord cutters said it was pretty good few years ago...I dunno now

Channel Master is selling TiVo Edge OTA (2 tuner) DVRs on its website with All-In-Service for $350. No sign of the Channel Master OTA unit, maybe on eBay used.

I stay with dish because I like the service and equipment. Still not that fond of streaming or paying extra to get rid of commercials when I can record a show and skip them at no extra cost. I miss my 722, but the Hopper 3 is growing on me.

I stay with dish because I like the service and equipment. Still not that fond of streaming or paying extra to get rid of commercials when I can record a show and skip them at no extra cost. I miss my 722, but the Hopper 3 is growing on me.
You do not pay Dish for that option ( Box/DVR fee) with the Hopper?

You do not pay Dish for that option ( Box/DVR fee) with the Hopper?
Yes but there is a fee for every Dish receiver (just part of doing business with Dish) and that covers ALL the channels I watch/record and I prefer the Dish equipment. To have all those channels would require multiple streaming services which charge a premium for commercial free viewing. I think it would cost me more to have all those streaming services commercial free and still have the same content I get now.

So….we’ve been remodeling our old house and part of it was replacing all exterior siding with hardie plank. Our contractor started 2 weeks ago yesterday and part of the job included taking down our dish. We’ve got great internet and every imaginable streaming service possible but every day for 2 weeks I still missed the Hopper and Dish service. I guess I’m just old but to me it felt like I was BADLY missing out. We had plenty of recorded shows to keep us occupied (along with streamers) but Hopper and Dish are irreplaceable for us. I know we’re living in a diminishing world (sat/cable/etc) but there has to be a segment still willing to pay, like us, along with paying for streamers. Anyone else in a similar situation? Subscribe to DIsh AND have abundant streamers but can’t live without Dish/Hopper? We can’t be the only one.

Cheers….Merry Xmas and Happy New Year…
I'm right there with you, sadly. That's the only reason I tolerate the crappy issues with the H3 and allow multiple techs in my home during a freaking pandemic :confused:

Reactions: AZ.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)