Can't lock in satellite 129

John2244

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 16, 2014
I am currently trying to set up a 1000.2 dish with a 211z receiver. I have the 110 and 119 satellite locked in at over 80. But I have zero for satellite 129. I've moved skew, azimuth and elevation a hundred different ways. Still nothing. Mast is plumb and I'm peaking the signal with a meter. I'm about as frustrated as it gets.

Started doing some research and read that to get the 129 satellite I might have to connect a second dish and lock it in on the 61.5 satellite, because this is a mirror of 129 satellite.

So... Is this possible? Can I run a second "wing" dish locked on 61.5 into the fourth port of my 1000.2 for my 211z receiver. Really would appreciate any feedback this community might have. Thanks!

Let's start with, what is your zip code and what are the point angles you are using. 61.5 and 129 are not mirrors of eachother. They share a lot of the same channels, but by no means at all mirror one another.

129 and 61.5 share a few channels. 129 is the major HD satellite for WA, whereas 61.5 is the major spot beam satellite for EA. Mixed arc is more difficult to achieve today because there are no mirror satellites from arc to arc. The majority of HD on EA is on 72.7.

Are you sure that you are receiving 119 on the center lnb of your dish?

If you are about 10 degrees to far east you will be picking up 110 on the 119 lnb and 119 on the 129 lnb and will never see 129.

Have you tried the aluminum foil trick where you cover the two outer lnb's with aluminum foil and see which satellite you are getting on the center lnb, it should be 119.

If you are getting 110 on 110 and 119 on 119 but get no 129, I suspect there is a problem with either the 129 lnb or the internal switch on the unit.

Getting the first two on the correct lnb puts the third near enough to where it should be that you should get some signal from it.

Reactions: John2244
This should be your angle

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 329
129 and 61.5 share a few channels. 129 is the major HD satellite for WA, whereas 61.5 is the major spot beam satellite for EA. Mixed arc is more difficult to achieve today because there are no mirror satellites from arc to arc. The majority of HD on EA is on 72.7.

If you are about 10 degrees to far east you will be picking up 110 on the 119 lnb and 119 on the 129 lnb and will never see 129.

Have you tried the aluminum foil trick where you cover the two outer lnb's with aluminum foil and see which satellite you are getting on the center lnb, it should be 119.

If you are getting 110 on 110 and 119 on 119 but get no 129, I suspect there is a problem with either the 129 lnb or the internal switch on the unit.

Getting the first two on the correct lnb puts the third near enough to where it should be that you should get some signal from it.

Thx for the info. Read mixed reviews on the foil trick but I'm gonna give it a shot to rule out if it's LNB issue. lNB's are brand new so hoping its nit bad but we'll find out.

Reactions: TheKrell

Just did the foil trick and 119 is centered with a signal of 70.

Should I consider a wing dish at this point? If so, what satellite would I try to lock on to for best HD lineup?

Swing the dish 10* to the west (right) and see if you get the 129. Are you sure there is a clear view to that sat?

Just moved dish and got complete signal loss. There are some trees to the west but it doesn't seem to blocking the satellite.

129 is mostly just going to be your hd channels. One thing group might want to try, is find out which satellite your locals come from, and then set up an EA install, and make the wing dish the one for your locals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)