Patriots vsEagles Blackout

tanman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I'm in Northeast Vt and being from Philly wanted to watch at least the first quarter of tonite's game.The guide showed it as being on NFL network.Tried to select it but got a message that the game was not available in my area.I've seen that message in the past(usually on ESPN when the event is on the local RSN)but that does not appear to be the case.I've never been shut out of an NFL channel event before.I wonder if they are tightening up on some arcane rule to make people buy the preseason package.Any thoughts?

7:30pm ET
Eagles (WPVI-ABC6) at Patriots (WBZ-CBS4)
Live on NFL Network

Vermont
Burlington, Vt. WCAX-TV Ch. 3

Game is great if you like watching refs. They're doing their best to make it unwatchable. I'd be pissed if I was a season ticket holder and forced to buy this dreck.

Reactions: rnye1
I think someone at WCAX made a last minute decision they'd have better ratings and fewer upset people if they stuck with the usual Friday night lineup than show a meaningless preseason game,If it was patriots-Giants it would have been different.Too bad no one communicated that decision.I'm sure the parties involved are being paid well for their incompetence.

It's Vermont, the geography makes it extremely difficult to pickup locals unless you're in the Burlington area or on a mountain top with a high gain antenna mounted high atop your house. I live in the central part of the state and OTA locals is pretty much out of the question.

There is another possibility to look into. They don't advertise it, but all cable company's are required to carry a super basic tier of local stations for about $15/mo. They may included the subchannels.

There will be plenty of replays on NFL Network for you to catch up on the game.

I'm not kidding, there were flags thrown on close to 50% of the plays. If you look at the penalty stats just remember that only shows penalties that were accepted. There were just as many that were declined that don't show in the stats. It was totally rediculous. I hope that's not how they're planning on calling the regular season.

I feel for you. I'm a Buffalo Sabres fan. I had a great deal with TWC for 2 years. Internet plus cable for $77/mo. When they raised that to over $100, I canceled.

I missed the end of the game because Dish network decided to black out NFL Network at the scheduled start of the Chargers telecast, but the first game wasn't over yet.

Lame.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)