AMIKO can't move my dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Tony-d

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 19, 2015
Fl
Hi Guys, I have not used my Amiko

Ku dish set up in about 6 months and I can’t seem to get it going now.

The dish is pointing east, when I try and move it she just sits there. I have a good signal to the LNB and the motor is set to usals. And 12 v. is there a test I can run to find out what is going wrong?

Thanks

Is this on your C-Band dish?
I remember is seems you having a C-Band dish.
...or is this on a Ku small motor?

Just wanted to make sure. :) Sorry about your back.

Okay, I don't have one in front of me right now, but if you are sure the coax going to the motor is good, and it has power.
Go into the motor menu and look for something called, Set/Move to Reference...or similar.
See if that brings the motor back to zero.

Also make sure your Lat. and Long. is still set in the receiver.

well first thanks for your help,
i ran through all the settings and the log & lat where in there and ok. i tried homing the dish and it started sweeping from left to right and back again.
so i did a factory reset and installed an old back up. when i picked a channel off my list she just starts sweeping from left to right again. until i power it off.
if i power it back up it starts sweeping again?

Do you have any other receivers to try? Amiko's many bugs notwithstanding, I'd sooner think this was a motor issue.

No just the A3 funny first i could not get it to move now i can't stop it. trying a reset with the button on the back now and running through youtube videos.

Well I did get it back on line, I had to do a factory reset, then load a backup, clear the Chanel list and do blind scans.
I noticed that all the Us Amiko A3 web sites are gone? no way to up date the sat lists?
the apps just go to dead sites?
Thanks guys.
Tony

Yes, Fridge FTA shut down. Myself and some others have some of the stuff backed up.
Do you have the NA sat list or Euro?
What exactly are you needing?

I'm not sure what i need, I have a North American sat list that is about a year old, I would think I could plug in a new sat manually if one came up. .
it's a good think I had backups. As when you reset the unit to factory, it does not load the N.A. list. It also seems that none of the internet apps run now?
that sucks this box cost me about $200.00 not sure what to do. there does not seem to be much out there on KU and i was hopping to use this with the c band when i got that up.
any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

If you have a proper NA list, then the best way on any box to get an up to date transponder list is go through and blind scan all the birds you can see.
Then make a new back up!
As far as the internet apps....Which ones are you refereeing to specifically?
Some of the stuff that Joe put on there that took you to his server space is now gone.
As far as YouTube and the likes. YouTube has upgraded there app a couple of times since 2014, so.....
You will need to make sure you are logged into your Google Play store account and then go to the Play store and download the newest version.
Same goes for a couple of the other apps. For security and other reasons, apps get updated and sometimes the old version stops working.
If you want Kodi or Plex you will have to side load those.

Thank you.
Joe was a very nice guy. I learned a lot from him. the apps I'm looking for where most likely the ones on his server. they where tilled a3 this or that. I never loaded much on it. I can't get in to the menu now as the system is up dating.
I have backups and backups of the backups so I am good. I still don't know what my issue was. I had to do a factory reset restore my backup, clear my channel list then do blind scans. I also have a few excel sheets with data as to what was where. anyway thank you.
Tony

Reactions: KE4EST

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts