Can't order PPV and Caller-ID not working on one box

dcavaiani

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 2, 2009
WI
I just talked with DirecTV Tech Support and they did not help. Once I told them I was on the MagicJack PLUS, they started using that for the reason! Yet, I used all the old land line phone lines which went to each controller box, and re-routed the AT&T end of those line over the Magicjack on the Internet. The HD controller is working fine - I can order movies with the remote AND Caller-ID works fine. However, on the other box, neither of those functions works. When I run the system test on the "other" box, it says "all is OK". I just moved the phone lines over to the Magicjack yesterday and the HD box worked immediately.

I don't know why the ppv ordering isn't working, but CID has had issues system wide since it was implemented.

I just talked with DirecTV Tech Support and they did not help. Once I told them I was on the MagicJack PLUS, they started using that for the reason! Yet, I used all the old land line phone lines which went to each controller box, and re-routed the AT&T end of those line over the Magicjack on the Internet. The HD controller is working fine - I can order movies with the remote AND Caller-ID works fine. However, on the other box, neither of those functions works. When I run the system test on the "other" box, it says "all is OK". I just moved the phone lines over to the Magicjack yesterday and the HD box worked immediately.

Do you have a DSL filter on the line going to the recvr ?

Couldn't help with CID but for PPV if you order on the website, iPhone or android app, etc, it authorizes the PPV for all your receivers instead of just the one you purchased on via remote.

I like the app purchase option because it lets you view on all receivers, any channel with the movie including on demand.

After I did a box reset, the PPV option is now working. When I went to the VOIP, I pulled all of the old DSL filters out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts