Can't Phone Home

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

J Marvin

Original poster
Jan 27, 2004
I have a Sony Receiver SAT-B65A. It is about 1.5 years old. For some reason it will not phone home.

I get a 733 message code when tring to order PPV.

No problem with phone wire, jack, or line cord. (both replaced) Receiver and one phone only thing on this line. Very seldon use this line for placing or receiving calls.

I run the system test, everything shows OK.

I call DTV and have them do a call back, but still no go. They say that receiver has not called in since November. CS ay's that they can do nothing but request a call back.

Is there any way to test the modem, or should I just go ahead and get a new receiver?

Thanks

Jim

I would plug a phone into that line and check for noise on the line. What may be important is did any thing change in Nov on your phone system or in your house any change even in Dec could have caused the problem. The unit is attemting to call just not connecting.

Well here's the kicker.

Seems that the Sony receiver has a hidden menu where you can test the modem. You can test dialing, modulation, carrier handshake, and several other things. I put in a couple of phone numbers, and phones started ring off the wall in the back office. Then to test handshake with another modem, I called a couple PC that have modems in them. No Problem. Modem in receiver dials out just fine.

Call DTV for a call back, and still does not work. Now I am starting to get a little PO'ed. I don't know much about the workings of DTV support, but they sure don't know or won't accept that they have a problem on their end somewhere. Finally got CS person to transfer me to someone (they said was 2nd level tech) that might actually know how to help me with my problem.

And wouldn't ya know it, while he had me on the phone, he initiated a call back, and it went through just fine. He still would not tell me what he did, but I know he did something.

Anyway, receiver works just fine, and is calling home on a regular basis.

Thanks for the help.

Jim

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts