Can't pick up 61.5 and 72.7 together

Terry Gilbert, it also depends upon where you are. Some folks in some parts of the county or terrain can get your set-up working "well enough," but others hundreds or a thousand miles away will have great difficulty or utterly dismal results. If the Dish 500 reflector could provide consistent good results throuoght the EA foot print, then Cheap Charlie would never have spent all that money of reflectors specifically designed for the EA. I'm just saying, be prepared for your situation with a Dish 500 to be dissppointing, but if it works, then take it as a great reward.

Reactions: HipKat
A dish pro plus 500 will pick up 2 satellites at ~9 degrees of separation.
I am fairly certain that I used a 500 on the eastern arc back when I lived in an apartment and had only an eastern view.
Trying the EA LNB on a 500 dish may, as noted mess with the alignment of the dish, and it may not work. Start with putting foil over the left eye (Viewed from behind the dish), aim for 61.5 and then remove the foil and run the check switch. If you get signal from both satellites, it may require some movement to balance one vs the other.

If it weren’t Mother’s Day, I’d throw up my older dishes and give it a try.

Reactions: Tvland1
I used to make $25 per antenna selling to a local retailer, and $20 per antenna to take down antennas at some apartment complexes around me, here in Phoenix. Advantage to a metro area, the complexes are massive and they were fairly simple to remove.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)