Can't program remote for Panasonic Home Theater

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bobinraymoremo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 18, 2009
Raymore MO
I have a HR34/700 receiver and a RC66 Remote and a Panasonic SA-BTT405 Blu Ray Home Theater System and have exhausted all the remote codes first for audio equipment then DVD then VCR sections. I called DirecTV and they had some extra codes which also did not work. They suggested I call Panasonic which was a waste of time, they said they don't have ANY remote codes. I have just programmed my television so I know I am doing the remote setup right. Any ideas where to go from here?

TIA

is the Panasonic remote IR or RF? the D* remote wont program to other brand's RF freq, and even if they did your particular remote wouldn't do it anyway. if possible, see if there is a model number that is similar to yours and try using that code, sometimes that'll work.

I tried that thanks, it had some different codes that weren't on the setup or provided by the directv rep. I also tried the manual setup using the 991 code then 3 for audio equipment and holding down the channel button for a long time with no success. I'm stumped.

its not similar to getting the TV programmed? 991, two blinks, 1, two blinks, channel up till TV turns (on/off)? maybe just replace the 1 with a 3?

I tried that thanks, it had some different codes that weren't on the setup or provided by the directv rep. I also tried the manual setup using the 991 code then 3 for audio equipment and holding down the channel button for a long time with no success. I'm stumped.

you don't want to hold down the channel button. you want to do 991, have the light flash twice, press 3, then press channel up, then power, channel up, power, etc until the AVR goes off.

you don't want to hold down the channel button. you want to do 991, have the light flash twice, press 3, then press channel up, then power, channel up, power, etc until the AVR goes off.
Wow, they should have a book for all these scenarios.
Or maybe a post for the various common ways needed to set up these D* remotes, particularly seeing they now use different frequencis between their own remotes.

well the 991 codes have been around for a while, and the peanut remote everyone seems to hate is a breeze because its all done through the reciever itself.

Try the following:

1. av1 or av2
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks, release
3. enter 2 0 4 9 0

to get the volume:

1. av1 or av2
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press SELECT

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts