Can't program remote for RCA TV

RichStevenson

Original poster
Jul 13, 2012
Medina, OH
Just had my 722k upgraded to the 922. We have an RCA Model SPS36123 TV/DVD combo on TV2, and the remote for the 722k worked fine for controlling the TV functions. However, I'm not having any luck with the remote for the 922. It controls the receiver, but none of the codes are working for the TV. The tech got through about half of the 35 found codes the system was offering, and tried doing it by using the learning mode, but no luck. So I've gone through all 35, and have manually entered all the RCA codes that I've found online, but it's still not working.

I've tried adding codes viewing the menu screen, as well as on the remote by holding the TV mode until they all flash-enter the 3 digit code + #.

Any advise? Seems strange it worked for the 722k but not the 922.

Thanks guys,
Rich

If it was installed today, let it update overnight to make sure it has all codes in the receiver. If still not working, and you have the original remote that came with the TV you can also use learning mode to "teach" the functions to the DISH remote

Just had my 722k upgraded to the 922. We have an RCA Model SPS36123 TV/DVD combo on TV2, and the remote for the 722k worked fine for controlling the TV functions. However, I'm not having any luck with the remote for the 922. It controls the receiver, but none of the codes are working for the TV. The tech got through about half of the 35 found codes the system was offering, and tried doing it by using the learning mode, but no luck. So I've gone through all 35, and have manually entered all the RCA codes that I've found online, but it's still not working.

I've tried adding codes viewing the menu screen, as well as on the remote by holding the TV mode until they all flash-enter the 3 digit code + #.

Any advise? Seems strange it worked for the 722k but not the 922.

Thanks guys,
Rich

You can control the 922 with the 20.0 or 21.0 722k remote,setup the 922 to accept IR commands in the 922's remote manager in Menu settings,set the remote's address to #1.;)

Still no go after waiting over night. Still shows 35 codes, and I tried them all again. I did try the learning feature yesterday, and it did not work. But tried again today, and made some progress. I was able to get volume up/down, and mute working. I could not get the power to work though. When I set the volume buttons, the TV mode would blink once when I first pressed the button on the Dish remote. But when I press the red TV button on the Dish remote, it does not blink. Just stays steady, and then the learning mode times out. So I'm very close. Just need the TV power to learn. For testing I was able to program another button to control TV power though.
Thanks

Wiring for the Hopper

Tailgater

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)