Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
So I turn on the Twins game today. Since its on "My29" (OTA station) in Minneapolis I have to tune it on the RSN Alt channels. My locals (Duluth) dont carry My29. Those games are on FSN North outside of the Minneapolis area. On D* they show up in the RSN alt channels.

So I tune to 658 and the game pops up at noon. After about 5 minutes I decide to record the game. Hit record and get "You cannot record this channel"

????

So I find it in the MLB EI channels (724 or something like that)...Try to record...same thing

Why wont it let me record the channel? I'm wondering if because both channels are "greyed out" so they dont show up in the "channels I get" (I posted about that a week or so ago that alot of the RSN Alts dont show in the guide.

not sure why either. I don't have MLBEI this year to check and see if any other game will do this. I did try recording MY29 and it reminded me it was a live event I hit ok and it is recording with no issue.

I know when I had Minneapolis locals it would work (and did give me the "live" message)

But 658 it wont let me....I know Brewers games are on 669 which is also a RSN Alt (not blacked out) and I can record those if I wanted.

So I turn on the Twins game today. Since its on "My29" (OTA station) in Minneapolis I have to tune it on the RSN Alt channels. My locals (Duluth) dont carry My29. Those games are on FSN North outside of the Minneapolis area. On D* they show up in the RSN alt channels.

So I tune to 658 and the game pops up at noon. After about 5 minutes I decide to record the game. Hit record and get "You cannot record this channel"

????

So I find it in the MLB EI channels (724 or something like that)...Try to record...same thing

Why wont it let me record the channel? I'm wondering if because both channels are "greyed out" so they dont show up in the "channels I get" (I posted about that a week or so ago that alot of the RSN Alts dont show in the guide.

I tried it down here in Rochester for you....

"Your receiver isn't authorized to record this program"

Jason

yep thats the message I meant :)

Does 658 show "grey" in the guide for you too?

I would call and ask them why you can record some RSN' Alt's and not others ....

I never look for the RSN ALT's as all the baseball games are on that are available in my area.

I would call and ask them why you can record some RSN' Alt's and not others ....

I never look for the RSN ALT's as all the baseball games are on that are available in my area.

The only time I need to use the Alt channel is Sunday's when the Twins are on My29 and simulcasted on FSN North in outstate MN but shown on a RSN Alt.

I noticed 669 says "FSN WI" so they consider it a channel (even though just the games are on there)

My issues with the sports channels is audio drop when I pause live TV and begin playing again. This only happens with the sports channels so I think it may have something to do with the score guide. To test it I disabled score guide, paused the TV, and then started playing again, and no audio drop.

and of course today the Twins game that is on 658 shows up in the "channels I get"...figures
so I cant try the manual record. I might try it on a different channel

manual will override the grey bar

735 shows grey in guide but has the Jays/O's game. Pressing record gives me the message but a manual record will record

shows as "Manual:" then whatever is supposedly there so it showed as
"Manual-Blue Jays @ Orioles"

The grey bar is usually an authorization issue. If it's a channel you are supposed to get, go to your account online and re-send receiver authorizations. That's how I fixed a similar problem.

wildbill

The station I mentioned originally is a RSN Alt Channel. Its used once, maybe twice a week for baseball games that are on a OTA station but are simulcasted on the RSN. Sometimes its a game that I would be blacked out on because it isnt the local team but Sunday's the Twins games are on there (which I am not blacked out on)

They have so many RSN Alt's so they really shouldnt have to use one station for more than one team honestly.

stonecold mentioned in another thread that sometimes D* forgets to "turn on" those when doing the "channels I get"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)