Can't record two shows at once

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dlarruso

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 29, 2005
Istalled 2 weeks ago. Standard DVR H22 in master bedroom can record two shows at once.

HD DVR also H22 can only record one show at once. If I am recording something and try to watch something else it tells me that i need to stop the tuner that is recording the one show.

D* technician said if it doesn't have 2 line hooked into the back of the receiver (sat 1 and 2) I can't record 2 shows. I told her it only has 1 line going into sat 1 and nothing in 2. sat 1 line is also coming from some black powered box on the ground that the wall coax goes into and them come out into sat 1

She said she didn't know and would send a service call for tuesday. Did my technicial just not finish the job or what?

First of all you have the HR22 receivers. If the one HR22 doesn't have two lines connected then it can't record two shows at the sake time. The exception is if you have an SWM installation.

Does the bedroom HR22 have two lines connected?

Do you know what dish was installed? How many cables are connected to it.

First of all you have the HR22 receivers. If the one HR22 doesn't have two lines connected then it can't record two shows at the sake time. The exception is if you have an SWM installation.

Does the bedroom HR22 have two lines connected?

Do you know what dish was installed? How many cables are connected to it.

I have an SWM installation

The bedroom doesn't have 2 lines connected- only one but I can record to shows at once on that receiver

The slimline dish was installed

I'm not that familiar with SWM installations, so I'll let other jump in here.

Have you tried moving the bad receiver to where the good one is for a test?

If your receiver is connected to the SWM connection (Sat 1) on back of DVR with no B-band converter, and only has one tuner functioning (I am assuming that SWM is installed correctly due to other HR22 functioning properly), then standard procedure would be to reset the DVR. If that doesn't correct the problem, forcing a software download woud be next on the list. If that doesn't correct the problem, then all that is left is defective wiring (including bad ground block, bad barrell connectors, or improperly installed RG6 ends) or a bad receiver. [I am also assuming that installer chose the correct Dish type during setup, he should have chosen either #17 for SWM3, or #18 for SWM5] If all of these things have been ruled out, then you need to call Directv for a replacement receiver. They will also send a tech to check out the things listed above when they bring the receiver.

Last edited:
And make sure the cable is actually connected to an SWM port on the SWM switch. If it's on a legacy port then it won't work, you'll get just one tuner.

And make sure the cable is actually connected to an SWM port on the SWM switch. If it's on a legacy port then it won't work, you'll get just one tuner.

Most SWM installs are with the SWM LNB, as there is no reimbursement for the switch install from Directv. That being said, if there is a switch involved, this information is correct.

I think the SWM applications all go into Tuner 1, my HR20 says Sat 1 and SWM under it, make sure it was put into that one and not the Tuner # 2

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)