Cant rename files?

Radar I know you've posted that a couple times but its been confirmed the ethernet is shot

brent's original thread
http://www.satelliteguys.us/azbox-discussion/217890-elite-network-interface-died.html

and the last thread in regards to it (with posts from all 3 of us) ;)
http://www.satelliteguys.us/azbox-discussion/238492-new-firmware-youtube-issue-resolved.html

Ice,

I had totally forgotten the discussion! :eek:

Too bad, I am sorry. I understand that it is not a great concern to you, I was again just being very hopeful. Too many things to keep track of this year, I guess. It can't be because of my age, I'm only... Uh oh. Um, what year is this anyway? Oh dang! I just looked at my driver's licence. It expired seven years ago! :eek:

Just joking... :D

RADAR

nah its fine. I learned not to rename files anymore :)

Also stumbled upon if you rename a channel you cant rename it again??? Misspelled a name and tried to rename it again...wont let me

nah its fine. I learned not to rename files anymore :)

Also stumbled upon if you rename a channel you cant rename it again??? Misspelled a name and tried to rename it again...wont let me

That problem has been there since at least firmware 5209 (thought it had been corrected in a later release, but then it returned). Don't rename in the TV channel list menu, as it does some strange things, besides making it so you can't rename it again (as you discovered). The workaround (which will also recover any channels named though the channel list that are screwed up) is to rename channels ONLY by going to Advance Scan and then using PID Edit.

If you record something from that channel you cant rename it either?

After I recorded something from a channel it shows grey (or lighter) in the channel list. Also I cant delete the channel even though I renamed the file (the one I mispelled)

If you record something from that channel you cant rename it either?

After I recorded something from a channel it shows grey (or lighter) in the channel list. Also I cant delete the channel even though I renamed the file (the one I mispelled)

If you rename the channel through Advanced Scan and PID Edit, only then can you delete the channel in the channel list in the TV section (otherwise it looks like it get deleted, but re-appears). I just did a test, renamed a channel through the channel list (after that I couldn't rename or delete it). I then recorded something on the channel, I was able to rename that file in FILE MANAGER. I then when to Advance Scan and PID Edit and renamed the channel, then went to the channel list and deleted the channel.

If something different is happening for you, give me a run-down of the steps you took and I'll try to duplicate it, and hopefully find a solution!

last night I scanned in a feed. It was a "no name" one so it shows the frequency and SID
didnt care...just hit record
recorded the hockey game. The file recorded now says "transponder/SID and a string of numbers"
I cannot remove that channel nor the one from a few days ago when the feed was there (I renamed that one through the rename option on the menu)

last night I scanned in a feed. It was a "no name" one so it shows the frequency and SID
didnt care...just hit record
recorded the hockey game. The file recorded now says "transponder/SID and a string of numbers"
I cannot remove that channel nor the one from a few days ago when the feed was there (I renamed that one through the rename option on the menu)

Did a few more tests. If they can't be corrected through Advance Scan and renaming of the channel in PID Edit, then deleting the transponder will remove the offending channels (of course, if you want to keep that transponder in your list, write down the information so you can re-enter it).

I hope if I delete the channel or TP (which is no biggie...I clean out the TP list after a weekend of feed scanning) the programs recorded will stay..

Guess I'll try it with a program that I dont care if it gets deleted.

There were many who had been asking for a manual entry not to be overwritten by the AzBox.
Beginning with the 9.5300 FW this had been implemented to a certain degree but it is faulty in a sense.
Not that it is done wrong, just that it really is not the way to go. Better be careful what you wish for.

Pertaining to the double channel entry:
Once you decide to make a manual entry or re-naming the only way to undo this is to completely delete it using "HOME"; "SETTINGS";
"TV CHANNEL"; "TUNER A.DVB.S"; "SAT /TP Edit" then go to the desired frequency and press the RED Button on your remote to delete the entire frequency. Afterward you need to go back into "TV" mode and make sure both entries are gone from your listings, then re-scan that frequency.

Once you have a double of a channel, one that you manually entered/changed and one that was scanned in by the Azbox, the Az sees the manual entry one as corrupt this is why your recordings are grayed out a little lighter.

Pertaining to renaming a recorded program:
To rename a recorded program: Press "HOME"; Right Arrow ( > ) till you see " FILE MANAGER" ; then go to "TV RECORD" ; place a check mark on the file you want to change by highlighting the file first then pressing the "Check" button on the remote, then press your "MENU" button and rename the program that way.

since you have an Azbox that is not up to snuff, ie. the Ethernet port not working, you have a few more steps to take to make the channel list the way you want them and need to be much more careful in how you interact with this box.

Of course this does not pertain to you since you can not access the internet with your box but the best way would be to use an editor program to do the renaming and changing of the names/pids ect..

In a case like yours I would use firmware 0.9.5020 where you can safely edit the channel names without having the problems you are incurring but then you will lose the ability to record some channels that the newer FW is allowing you to record.
In reverting back you will need to make sure you format the application area so that all the newer files are deleted completely.

Or you can wait until the AzBox ME comes out and pick one of those up which may be more beneficial to you in the long run. From the specks I have seen it may have more cpu speed which others seem to feel may lead you to be able to record those high bitrate channels which we have not been able to do before.

Pertaining to the double channel entry:
Once you decide to make a manual entry or re-naming the only way to undo this is to completely delete it using "HOME"; "SETTINGS";
"TV CHANNEL"; "TUNER A.DVB.S"; "SAT /TP Edit" then go to the desired frequency and press the RED Button on your remote to delete the entire frequency. Afterward you need to go back into "TV" mode and make sure both entries are gone from your listings, then re-scan that frequency.

Once you have a double of a channel, one that you manually entered/changed and one that was scanned in by the Azbox, the Az sees the manual entry one as corrupt this is why your recordings are grayed out a little lighter.
I didnt have double channels. It was that when I recorded a channel, I could no longer rename nor delete that channel unless I did it thorugh the TP option which is fine since again all I use this for is slaved :)

Pertaining to renaming a recorded program:
To rename a recorded program: Press "HOME"; Right Arrow ( > ) till you see " FILE MANAGER" ; then go to "TV RECORD" ; place a check mark on the file you want to change by highlighting the file first then pressing the "Check" button on the remote, then press your "MENU" button and rename the program that way.
thats been posted before but I'm not worried...I aint renaming files again. I lost a file because I screwed up and named it the same as a existing file.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)