Can't Resume

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

doctorwizz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 28, 2013
nowhere
So I record the Nascar race and while it is recording, I click on DVR, and click on the recording in progress. I select start over. I watch some then I stop it. When I come back it is done recording. But there is no option to resume. Really? I have no idea where I left off. This happend before too. Very annoying!Why is there no option to resume in this situation?

Because you cannot resume a recording that you stopped watching while it was still recording that has never been an option with Dish.

It should be an option. Can't they add it?I could do it with a Motorola DVR.

It was when I had DirecTV & DISH before upgrading to the Hoppers and dropping DirecTV. That was the reason I always recorded NASCAR on DirecTV's DVR, when I had their service. Sure it had to do with the TIVO law suits and different software. Yes I would like to see that option, but I suspect we never will! Better chance to seer timers on both hoppers I hope.

Because you cannot resume a recording that you stopped watching while it was still recording that has never been an option with Dish.
Never say never. I can STILL do it on my 722. You just have to watch from the other TV location in order to be able to stop and resume while it is recording. If you watch it from the same tuner location, it won't work. Now with Hopper, since no TV locations are tied to a particular tuner, then that option is not available.

Never say never. I can STILL do it on my 722. You just have to watch from the other TV location in order to be able to stop and resume while it is recording. If you watch it from the same tuner location, it won't work. Now with Hopper, since no TV locations are tied to a particular tuner, then that option is not available.

If you say so, I always used my 722's in single mode so I wouldn't know about that.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

So I record the Nascar race and while it is recording, I click on DVR, and click on the recording in progress. I select start over. I watch some then I stop it. When I come back it is done recording. But there is no option to resume. Really? I have no idea where I left off. This happend before too. Very annoying!Why is there no option to resume in this situation?

Very sad and very annoying. I discovered this situation the first day I switched to Dish in 2007. Sent numerous emails to Dish and they thanked me for the suggestion. Direct TV, Verizon, Charter Cable, and I think numerous other DVRs do not have this problem. I was sure hopping they had it fixed in the Hopper, but no luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)