Can't use dvd recorder with directv?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

detroit_fan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2008
SE Michigan
hello, i just bought a new toshiba dvd recorder to clear out my r15 dvr. Everytime i try to record somethign it says "this program is not allowed to be recorded", can someone explain this to me? It won't let me record live tv or anything on the dvr. Are other people able to burn to dvd with directv?

thanks

detroit, I have 3 recorders (2 panasonics and an older Sony) and record programs without any problems. How do you have your R15 connected to the Toshiba recorder? Can you watch live tv through the recorder?

i have av jacks coming out of the r15 video/audio out that go to the dvd recorders video/audio in, then i have av jacks running from audio/video out on the dvd recorder that go to the audio/video in on the tv(standad definition).

i can watch live tv thru the dvd recorder, but i can't record ANY channel and Nothing off of my dvr?

It seems that your recorder is seeing a broadcast flag that isn't here. I'd check the DBSTalk recorder forum for your DVD recorder model to see if others are having the problem. Possibly a firmware update is all that is needed.

ok, i feel like an idiot. i pressed the red reset button on the fron tof the r15 and now everything is working, hopefully it stays that way. thanks for the help everyone.

detroit, glad you got it fixed...it is normally something simple:D:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts