Can't wait to get Star Choice TV

Unfortunately Scooby, KUSAT is closed on the weekends and I can't get the dam thing activated!!! Oh well!!!!:mad: :( But thanks for letting me know, as I kept looking for A2 on my installation screen and could only find A4

I completely forgot about this thread when I was installing last week! Oh well.

Has anyone called Star Choice to activate a second receiver since the CRTC decision this fall re no account splitting for the cabin? Just wondering if they are cracking down on phone lines for new accounts with multiple receivers.

I completely forgot about this thread when I was installing last week! Oh well.

Has anyone called Star Choice to activate a second receiver since the CRTC decision this fall re no account splitting for the cabin? Just wondering if they are cracking down on phone lines for new accounts with multiple receivers.

I have never installed phone lines to any of the Direct, Dish Network or Star Choice receivers I have installed.

With the common usage of cell phones these days, plenty of people do not use land line phones at home any more. Cell phones are their only phone used at home.

If you are a southern cousin wanting a Canadian system, cell phone only, is the way to go. :) You are an American installing the system yourself at your Canadian cabin which happens to be in the same time zone as your principal home.

Read my post #53 in this thread.

I'm not worried about calling Star Choice, or what number I give them when I register.

Because of the CRTC decision, Star Choice has already had to abandon their cottage program, and there is speculation that they may start requiring receivers to be attached dial-up and use caller ID to confirm that multiple receivers are actually in the same building.

I agree it's stupid given cell phone trends, and that the 205 doesn't even have a phone line, but that's government regulation for you.

More over here:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=50366

One benefit of using KuSat is they will make all the phone calls to *C for you (without acting as a broker). One less thing to worry about.

I'm not worried about calling Star Choice, or what number I give them when I register.

Because of the CRTC decision, Star Choice has already had to abandon their cottage program, and there is speculation that they may start requiring receivers to be attached dial-up and use caller ID to confirm that multiple receivers are actually in the same building.

I agree it's stupid given cell phone trends, and that the 205 doesn't even have a phone line, but that's government regulation for you.

More over here:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=50366

One benefit of using KuSat is they will make all the phone calls to *C for you (without acting as a broker). One less thing to worry about.

The CRTC ruling is null and void and unenforcable when a receiver is used at a home that has no land-lines and uses a cell phone.
The ruling also is meaningless for a receiver such as the model 205.
This government agency cannot take away the providers many customers who do not use land line phones. Adherence by the CRTC would most certainly be challenged in the highest court. The CRTC is on shaky grounds as it is. There are many in Canada who would have them abolished in a heart beat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts