Can't wait to get Star Choice TV

I'll echo ther comments on the 505 and the 505A is the lesser cost of the two 505's. As for dish size, you need the 75cm which comes free with a system. It works all the way to the carolinas and across to southern california and I know it works in Phoenix.

Ok, I am being impatient. Does the 505 need to be on channel 299 and in standby or tuned to channel 299 and ON to activate? Been 24 hours since my account was setup.

Scooby,

Looks like it took 6 days to get there, that's including the weekend. That's not bad consideriing it went through Customs too. Hopefully you'll get the thing up and running soon! Let me know.

scooby2 said:
Ok, I am being impatient. Does the 505 need to be on channel 299 and in standby or tuned to channel 299 and ON to activate? Been 24 hours since my account was setup.

Give your broker a call and ask how you go about getting it authorized yourself.
Once you are talking to Star Choice on the phone for authorizing, they stay on the line with you until its done. Usually about 20 minutes covers it.

Clancy said:
Give your broker a call and ask how you go about getting it authorized yourself.
Once you are talking to Star Choice on the phone for authorizing, they stay on the line with you until its done. Usually about 20 minutes covers it.
Thank you for the advice. After a long hold, all is now working.

*EDIT* to clear up confusion. I called my broker who then called SC with me on the phone. *EDIT*

Last edited:
daves1 said:
*c us friendly to people using *c in usa-- bev forbids it and will disconnect you if they get a whiff that you are in usa.

Have you communicated with SC directly or through a broker if you use one?

i communicate directly with starchoice from the usa. they never asked me where i am calling from. you need your canadian phone no
( which i made up, so does any broker) a REAL canadian address,
( which you could get from a rental/ real estate guide on the net)
ie search rental property in windsor ontario--
that's what star needs to set up account and will ask for each time you call-- don't forget to know your postal code.

daves1 said:
i communicate directly with starchoice from the usa. they never asked me where i am calling from. you need your canadian phone no
( which i made up, so does any broker) a REAL canadian address,
( which you could get from a rental/ real estate guide on the net)
ie search rental property in windsor ontario--
that's what star needs to set up account and will ask for each time you call-- don't forget to know your postal code.
me 2 i call via usa no problems
i use a real address in Ca for central tz only here
hxxp://www.tichbornes.com/
i added extra # to the end of the house # to cause no problems if someone at that addy has service
so to *c they prolly think it a apt. which is what i want.
i did however have to makeup phone # i used my cell # with the area code up there, i also selected for paperless billing

When you pay with credit card, does it not matter that the address won't match your billing address? Or do you have a personal address & a billing address on file. I always thought those type of companies matched your billing info, so no identity theft.

One more question before I take the plunge!!

Do they do a credit check like some of the US companies? No social insurance # to give, or just use us ssn?

An American who has their principal address in the USA is allowed to have a Star Choice system at their cabin which would be their second address in Canada.

Star Choice wants the address of the dish installation at the cabin.
The phone number will be your US cell number which you use at home and at your cabin. :)

You can opt to have a paperless billing system and have a monthly charge to Visa or Mastercard if you wish. Or the statement can be mailed to the US.

Make sure your address is complete with postal code.

During installation of dish and receiver and prior to getting authorization for programing, signal maximizing can be achieved from both satellites on your 75cm dish by using your receiver and a small monitor at the dish and first going to channel 299, then go to Options, 6-3-1 .
Tune for maximum signal from what you see on monitor.
Then exit and go to channel 260, this is the other satellite at 111 degs. and Options 6-3-1 . Again tune for maximum. Go back and forth to check.
Small movements at a time when moving dish.

When satisfied with signals from both satellites, authorization is next.

I find it is quickest to do this early in the mornings or late at night. This is Star Choice's slowest times. If you are not satisfied with the CSR, politely hang up and call a little later for another CSR.

They will begin with information for billing and Unit ID number which they will prompt you to arrive at on the screen.
Then they will have you go to various channels and give back information to them.
They will ask you for what programing you want and after a bit will turn it on.
After about 20 minutes or so . voilà , welcome to Canada.

Last edited:
hi all
i order a starchoice satellite system from kusat,
it was dsr 505 hd and 75 cm dish, i get this monday. can some one tell me what
size pipe is that. and give me step my step instructions to hook this satellite system up.from kusat web page my elevation is- 41.61my azimuth-210.91
my shew-108.3 :)

Those instructions are for the 60cm dish, although everything should be the same other than adjusting the offset/skew, the 75cm has different mounting/adjusting bolts. There's a pic or 2 of the 75cm in another thread here somewhere.

Well,

I'm suppose to get my receiver and dish on Oct 12th.......................so UPS = OOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooppppps says :) I'll let you guys know when I geter up and running ! And thanks to everyone for all the help you've provided!!!!!

Napstr

Napstr said:
Well,

I'm suppose to get my receiver and dish on Oct 12th.......................so UPS = OOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooppppps says :) I'll let you guys know when I geter up and running ! And thanks to everyone for all the help you've provided!!!!!

Napstr

When you have everything working, would you post at this thread what your signal readings on a clear day are from the options and channels that I mentioned in post #53?

I'm curious from Arizona what they may be.
Thanks.

Kingman, Arizona LAT/LONG 35.2 114.1 LNBF 6:30 EL/SKEW 48.5 168.4 EL/AZ/SKEW 49.0 174.8 086

I'm using the above for Kingman as per http://www.global-cm.net/

I keep getting the A4 under Satelite Name, with a good signal reading of 77. What the heck??? Wrong Satelite or ??

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)