Status
Please reply by conversation.

scots

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 5, 2006
Raleigh, NC
Capitol Broadcasting (CBC) channels have been blacked out on DIRECTV after an agreement was not reached between the two. Their contract ended December 31, 2015, but CBC gave a temporary extension into this month. The channels were blacked out with little warning from CBC other than a Facebook post on Monday, January 18 by CBC which directs people to the web site http://www.keepmylocalstations.com/. Complaints on the DIRECTV Facebook page are being referred to the web site http://www.directvpromise.com/ by DIRECTV reps. CBC channels include WRAL (CBS) in Raleigh, NC, WRAZ (Fox) in Raleigh, NC, and WILM (CBS) in Wilmington, NC.

Yeah I saw the "commercial" they ran last weekend stating something like "Hey Directv subscribers. If you want to watch the divisional championship football games next week let Directv know you want to keep your local stations". Nothing like getting right to the hurt :)

Sheer brilliance on the part of Capital Broadcasting. Carolina Panthers in the NFC Championship game and no WRAZ. If they win no Superbowl on WRAL....bet Directv caves on this one.

Glad I live in the Charlotte DMA. Of course I get all the networks ota. Will be lots of upset people in Raleigh this weekend if this isn't settled.

Sheer brilliance on the part of Capital Broadcasting. Carolina Panthers in the NFC Championship game and no WRAZ. If they win no Superbowl on WRAL....bet Directv caves on this one.

Glad I live in the Charlotte DMA. Of course I get all the networks ota. Will be lots of upset people in Raleigh this weekend if this isn't settled.
Capitol broadcasting back on. Local tv stations should pay dish and direct to carry their signal, particularly in the fringe areas of the dma.

Reactions: Tampa8

They got real lucky actually ... CBS that is did ...
Theres No way CBS has any clue that the contract would end the year that Carolina made the playoffs, so it was just a stroke of luck that it happened this way for them.

Also, as brownover mentioned, the blackout is over.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)