Caprica -- *** Series Cancelled ***

Well I am going to miss the show. I never watched BSG, so to me starting with the prequel has been interesting. Based upon what I have read the show chronologically could not have lasted that long any way. Since William Adama joins the military 10 years into the Cylon war.

I was enjoying the show as well, especially once I dropped my expectations that it would like (as good as) BSG and accepted it for what it was: a sci-fi drama series with well-developed characters played by good actors that addressed difficult moral conundrums. I also liked exploring the origins of the BSG universe and how the Cylons developed their monotheistic belief system. Maybe if Greystone got to the point of creating skin jobs much quicker (aka Tricia Helfer and Grace Park), the show would've caught on more. :D

As far as them yanking the cancelled series with five unaired episodes to go (with non-commital statements about when they will air), all I can say is DVD SALES.

I hope the upcoming "Blood & Chrome" pilot gets picked up as a full series. That is what kind of a prequel that the fans want.

I hope the upcoming "Blood & Chrome" pilot gets picked up as a full series. That is what kind of a prequel that the fans want.

That sounds interesting, although I wonder how successful it would be as a full series. An alternative might be a series of two hour movies. Certainly better than the normal Sigh Figh monster movie of the week.

It is a shame that they screwed up the Caprica show so much that they lost the ability to tell the early story.

Nothing to see here folks.... cleaned up some unfortunate spills in Aisle 3.

Feel free to go back discussing the demise of Caprica, if there is anything left to say. :)

rockymtnhigh said:
Nothing to see here folks.... cleaned up some unfortunate spills in Aisle 3.

Feel free to go back discussing the demise of Caprica, if there is anything left to say. :)

I liked the show but am not surprised it was cancelled. It was so completely different from BSG that I didn't expect it to attract a similar demographic.

Perhaps equally (if not more) disturbing is that posts in this thread were deleted for "arguing with staff". I didn't realize that would trigger moderation.

Dangue,

Another member alerted to me issue yesterday and I looked into it further and there is more to it then what you saw here. I talked to RpckyMtnHigh about it this morning and he regrets doing it in public, the ongoing problem we have been having with that member should have been done privately.

I liked the show but am not surprised it was cancelled. It was so completely different from BSG that I didn't expect it to attract a similar demographic.

Perhaps equally (if not more) disturbing is that posts in this thread were deleted for "arguing with staff". I didn't realize that would trigger moderation.

The guy crossed the line (by a lot). 'Nuff said.

I gave Caprica more than enough rope to hook me, and it did in the last 4-5 episodes in the first half of the season. Then they put it on nearly a year-long hiatus and came back with episodes that were so heavy on exposition that they were actually horribly dull. Going from what they'd built-up to pre-hiatus, to long, slow (almost re-cap-like) episodes that didn't move much post-hiatus, pretty much killed the show.

I'd still like to see the 5 episodes they haven't yet aired however...

Hopefully anybody watching won't already be in a depressed mood beforehand. Watching 5 hours of a Caprica marathon straight, might be enough to put anybody over the edge!

At best I'd set the DVR, but you nailed it. 5 hours of that would be like going to the dentist over and over..... Lets see approximately 210 minutes of Caprica, with 180 minutes of "exposition," maybe 10 minutes of action, and at least 20 minutes that are completely incomprehensible. And only one sighting of an actual cylon.

BSG was terrific and the Caprica pilot was quite good, the first half of the first (and only) season was pretty good, but the (what, 3-4?) episodes of the second half of the first season just fell flat. I'll DVR the last 5, but as I said, it's a very safe bet I won't watch them all at in one sitting...

It would be ironic if the series redeemed itself in the last five episodes to be already cancelled.

I think they went the wrong way with Caprica. Too much of the human condition when civilization was still in full force. It is one thing when all that is left of the human race is the human condition, another when civilization is still in full force. If they had covered the rise of the cylons in the background it would have been much more interesting.

It would be ironic if the series redeemed itself in the last five episodes to be already cancelled.
Would be nice, but it doesn't. Space (on Canadian satellite) continued to show the series, and the last 4 so far haven't been much better. It looked like it would with the Tauron flashback episode, but couldn't hold out and quickly went back to crapicaness. Next week they're showing the finale. So after that they'll all be available on *cough*torrent*cough*. But personally I wouldn't waste the time trying to see it earlier and just wait til January to DVR them and then watch when there is nothing on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)