Caprica -- *** Series Cancelled ***

I was referring to the lack of drama in the communication between the characters.

I suppose they could add into the program some car chases and rifling of restaurants with automatic weaponry too, and that will be not-so-flat, but I don't really care for that kind of thing. I suppose this goes hand-in-glove with the whole BSG Blood & Chrome thing - clearly there are a lot of people who don't go for dramatic context of the dialog between characters and just want more mindless shooting things up.

There was plenty of drama in the episode. The entire conversation between Daniel and the (now) dead guy who helped himself out with his own blade was all rather dramatic. The board meeting before that. Lacy's kidnapping and imprisonment. I could go on some more, but this was a more balanced episode...mixing exposition with some action. I don't want mindless action. If I did, I wouldn't be watching the show. But I thought the two episodes before this were just too heavy on exposition. We already know who the characters are and their motivations. That was established in the first half of the season and they didn't need to spend almost the entirety of two episodes reminding us of who's who and what's what.

That just seems to be the case with SyFy (sifee) lately. Dull, long, uninteresting episodes in poorly lit sets and slow gloomy plots in series with so much promise! SGU blow. Caprica started okay but quickly moved on to sucking. Bring back the scifi action show with brightly lit sets and a positive outlook please....

Caprica was fine just the way it was. The problem is that people didn't watch, because too many of them just like shoot-'em-ups. That's pretty-much what the BSG prequel pilot they're working on recognizes. There evidently isn't a large enough audience for thoughtful and thought-provoking genre series without lasers blasting.

Caprica was fine just the way it was. The problem is that people didn't watch, because too many of them just like shoot-'em-up

No because the only thing it provoked was repulsion of it's self-indulgence.

I HATED this show. I stopped watching after the first two shows. It was boring and I didn't see the point in watching what lead up to Battlestar Galactica since I knew how it ended already. Caprica ends up a bombed out dead planet. Glad that Syfy is cutting their losses on this turkey.

Caprica was fine just the way it was. The problem is that people didn't watch, because too many of them just like shoot-'em-ups. That's pretty-much what the BSG prequel pilot they're working on recognizes. There evidently isn't a large enough audience for thoughtful and thought-provoking genre series without lasers blasting.

It wasn't thoughtful or thought-provoking. It was generally moronic. And lacked any meaningful storyline. There was so much they could have done with it, heck, if they even came close to following the graphic novel version of the Greystones it would have been much better. Far too much reliance on the VR-world, and not enough in the real world. ONE cylon exists after 13 episodes and it is locked in a box. Blech..... if I wanted a tv-version of Tad William's Otherland, I'd read Otherland...

I am kind of glad that the show was cancelled, it will stop me from wasting time. I have been watching it just hoping something would happen. It has a bunch of rambling plot lines, but none of them seem to advance. It is ok to have a few rambling plot lines but at least something needs to be accomplished to stay interesting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts