Car radio issue

ac1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 19, 2011
joplin, mo
We are no longer able see the program that is on each channel. In the spot where it is supposed to show the band and the song, it is blank. Anyone else having this issue?

My best advice is to call and pick the option for a refresh. My Car radios and and mobile radios are all fine.

I tried refreshing and it did not help. I called and chatted with sirius and they were not able to fix the issue. I am at a loss.

We are no longer able see the program that is on each channel. In the spot where it is supposed to show the band and the song, it is blank. Anyone else having this issue?

Nope. I think your radio is largely history.

Are you sure you are on the correct display setting to show that info? On my Avalanche with XM, I have to cycle thru the display settings to get it to show Song, Artist and Channel info etc.

Reactions: TheKrell
The radio is in a car that is a year old.

Great! It's still under warranty. The radios in current cars cost a bundle. So if yours has indeed lost part of its function, then you're covered.

The issue is that it works on the local stations but not the Sirius/XM stations.

Your local stations broadcast in analog AM and FM using their own tuners. If the satellite tuner has gone south, or the processing of the signals has failed, then that's the part that needs to be replaced. But I think you'll find that the dealer does not repair tuner modules, but will swap out the entire radio.

Reactions: navychop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)