Carbon UI email from dish

Scott said that Dish was going into holiday lockdown. I can't visualize them pushing out any software when they are in holiday lockdown. Companies don't make huge changes that affect their customers when they have limited staff to respond to the resulting issues.
I agree that Dish normally avoids disrupting things like software updates around the holidays, especially an update like this one. It wasn't a rogue employee that sent the email that many got saying Dec 22 though. Multiple people would have checked the details including the date spec'd, etc, etc.

I wouldn't count on it. Friday before the biggest holiday week of the year. NFW. Hopefully the couple of folks who received the email will report here that they did in fact get the update, otherwise I feel like we have all been punked.
Perhaps you didn't look at the year that Gerry had posted.... ;)

Reactions: dweber and Hall
I have a (purchased) H2 coming today from Solid Signal replacing (purchased) 211k, can I expect the carbon update? Also question will the 211k still play 200+ movies/shows off 2 TB EHD without being hooked to satellite? I tested yesterday removing coax and seemed to work while searching for satellite signal but not sure for how long. I know the EHD isn't compatible between 211 and H2 so not an option.

can I expect the carbon update?
Yes, you can and should. I think it's been stated by either DIRT people, Dish retailers/techs, etc that newly activated Hoppers are pushed the new s/w. A new Dish customer has no old interface that they're used to, so getting the Carbon UI right off the bat will make no difference to them. The downside in that logic (that newly activated Hoppers get it) is that existing customer do receive replacements. Maybe the # of new Dish customers far, far outweighs the # of replacement hardware (and probably does).

Reactions: camo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)