Carbon UI email from dish

But why update some HWS to S542 and others to CUI before they get S542. If we are going to get CUI why do many of us need S542. Many have received S542 (see other thread), but very few have received CUI. I got S542 this morning.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I'm guessing that buried somewhere in S542 is an option to update to the CUI with accessibility. I think the government deadline is the 20th so they better get moving. :)

Reactions: DWS44
I'm guessing that buried somewhere in S542 is an option to update to the CUI with accessibility. I think the government deadline is the 20th so they better get moving. :)
I know they plan to push the Carbon UI to all Hopper 1 and 2 models on what, Dec 22, but maybe they decided to do it in waves instead. In cases where receivers don't get the update and the Accessibility option, S542 would provide it in the meantime.

A solution like this would make sense...makes it available to meet gov't compliance and accessible to anyone who needs it and/or who calls to inquire/complain about not having it...and at the same time allows them to hold off pushing out the CUI to the masses until after the holidays if they so desire.

EDIT: yeah...what Hall just said. :D

Knowing Dish, it could also be another sequence of keystrokes on the remote, rather than a visual button hiding somewhere.
I thought that you could currently use key strokes in the update menu to upgrade to CUI. What more are you looking for.

I just went thru every menu on my HWS and see no accessibility key or any other key that might be used to download the CUI. The what's New key does talk about new items added to the Hopper, but I do not know how current it is, since in the Help menu, they still have a key to define the Blockbuster Movies Key, which is no longer available.

I never received a CUI email from Dish, but apparently some did. I wonder if those same people also received the new CUI... Maybe a test to a very limited number of people before a widespread release?

Has anyone else actually received the CUI DIsh email?

I never received a CUI email from Dish, but apparently some did. I wonder if those same people also received the new CUI... Maybe a test to a very limited number of people before a widespread release?

Not me

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge using the SatelliteGuys App!

Reactions: ggw2000

I got the email 12/1/16. The option to switch to CUI was in a new app. I think the app was called New Experience. The app wasn't there when I got the email, it showed up a day or two later. Actually I think it only showed up on one of my two HWS. I used the app to switch last weekend. It also switched my other HWS and both Joey 1s.

Reactions: charlesrshell