Carbon UI email from dish

There is no classic "interface". It is gone. Otherwise, what's the point ? Things are shuffled around, some menus are changed substantially, and so on.

There is a classic color scheme though.

According to the link in the email it says that you can revert to "classic" interface.. No idea what that means but that's what it says..
Gerry

According to the link in the email it says that you can revert to "classic" interface.. No idea what that means but that's what it says..
As I mentioned above and Scott reiterated, it's color only. The link says

"choose from either a Modern or Classic color theme"
and
"The Classic theme looks similar to the old Hopper user interface"

That 2nd statement by Dish is probably in error. They forgot the word "color" in between Classic and theme.

I'll turn on the Classic theme when I'm home to confirm, but as I recall, that color scheme is only applied in some places (obviously the guide and probably the DVR menu). If you look at all of the images shown at that Dish page, the layout, pop-ups, overlays, etc, etc are all different than what you see today and there is no going back nor a button to switch to that "interface".

Plus, don't worry - as far as using menus, the guide, and so on, there will be no hiccups for people. Between my wife and (3) kids, when I updated ours to the new interface, no one said a word about it. No one has been lost or confused on how to use it, had to ask how to do something, etc.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I agree with you. I sure don't want to deal with TV issues with company coming to town to stay with us.

If/when there really is a method to allow you to download it ahead of time, maybe you ought to but the bullet ahead of the deadline just so you know what you're dealing with before the company hits town.

Once Dish had the new CUI working on the old Hopper 1, it was inevitable that it would be forced to everyone. Only one software base to maintain makes a lot of sense. Hopefully, the new CUI does not have too many issues.

I sure don't want to deal with TV issues with company coming to town to stay with us.
so you know what you're dealing with before the company hits town.
Really not necessary. People turn on the TV, pick a channel, and watch TV. That works just fine.

You can download it today if one wanted, it's just that the key-sequence is what would otherwise be random (not something one would accidentally start). Charles knows the steps too.

1480710546671.png
This is what dish sent me for those that want it early

Sent from my SM-G920P using the SatelliteGuys app!

This is what dish sent me for those that want it early
Yeap, that's the 'installer' steps that were given out 11 months ago. I'm surprised they didn't make it simpler at this point. Also, when they say put the Joey(s) in standby, it's even simpler (in case there's others in the house that use the Joey(s)) to just unplug them from the power outlet and tell others in the house they're down for 30-60 minutes. If anyone turns on a Joey to try and watch TV, as I recall, it will cancel the download and it won't restart or retry on it's own.

So you have to contact Dish in order to get it early ?

Yeap, that's the 'installer' steps that were given out 11 months ago. I'm surprised they didn't make it simpler at this point. Also, when they say put the Joey(s) in standby, it's even simpler (in case there's others in the house that use the Joey(s)) to just unplug them from the power outlet and tell others in the house they're down for 30-60 minutes. If anyone turns on a Joey to try and watch TV, as I recall, it will cancel the download and it won't restart or retry on it's own.

So you have to contact Dish in order to get it early ?
Nope. Just do those steps. I contacted dish out of curiosity since there is no explanation in the email on how to do it early

Sent from my SM-G920P using the SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)