Carbon UI Issues Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Sorry to hear about your problems gasman. Are you saying that your old receiver had the old interface and when you replaced your HWS it automatically updated to the new CUI without you punching in the secret codes to force the update?

If true, could this be the start of the forced CUI updgrades to the older Hoppers?

Yes, OLD H2 had OLD interface and replacement NEW/refurb H2 loaded Carbon.

Reactions: ferl
Has anyone had this problem?

Force updated hopper, it will download the update, reboot, then start the download again and again and again. It's in a download loop. The problem is that my joey is updated to carbon but hopper is not and it won't connect to hopper. I have tried trying to reconnect but it doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Try unplugging the joey from the power outlet and leave it unplugged and then do the download, Before you do though, check the Timers to see if anything is supposed to record in the next hour or so. If there is, tell the timer to skip it. Then see what happens

Try unplugging the joey from the power outlet and leave it unplugged and then do the download, Before you do though, check the Timers to see if anything is supposed to record in the next hour or so. If there is, tell the timer to skip it. Then see what happens

Thanks, I tried that but it still didn't work. Just goes in a continual download loop. Will finish download, then will reboot, then if left in standby it will download again. And it is continuous.

Even if I take it off standby for 12 hours, the. Put it back in standby, it will go back into the download. Wouldn't be bad, but joey has carbon, and they can't communicate with each other.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was wondering with the CUI updates if anything has been or will be done for an option so you can add individual additional OTA channels to an existing fully previously scanned OTA channel list?

How do I get Caller ID to work? All I am getting is the phone number in the corner of the screen. I used to get Name and Number in plain sight.

How do I get Caller ID to work? All I am getting is the phone number in the corner of the screen. I used to get Name and Number in plain sight.

Unfortunately that's all there is now for caller ID. I recommend a polite suggestion to DIRT to make it bigger. The more people who request it the more likely it is that the powers that be will consider it.

I just got off the phone with Dish and they are sending me a replacement hopper with sling. We had issues understanding each other at times. We had a heated discussion (from my end) after he said I would lose recordings and timers. I knew recordings go with the hard drive, but told him I would back up the timers to the remote and he said that the remote cannot backup anything. I got tired of arguing and we moved on. I was also planning to move my recordings to an external drive. At the end of this conversation (in broken english) he said the screen would look different. After we had hung up, the light bulb turned on. I guess he was saying I'll get the Carbon interface. It's easier to come here for information than it is to try and communicate with dish representatives.
If I backup settings/timers to the current remote, can they be reloaded to the CUI from that remote? Perhaps he was correct about not being able to backup timers and couldn't explain why.
Is the CUI compatible with recordings on the EHD created by the old interface?
Is there anything I should know to make this change less problematic?

You WILL get the new interface.

You CAN backup timers and recordings and restore them to the replacement unit with no problem.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: ferl
You WILL get the new interface.

You CAN backup timers and recordings and restore them to the replacement unit with no problem.

The recordings backed up to the external Drive are fine. I did transfer settings/timers to the new hopper and it indicated the transfer was complete, but I don't see that timers actually transferred. Any idea what I did wrong or how to get my timers back?

Minutes, not hours. Really not even minutes, it's not quite instant, but it's fast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)