Carbon UI Issues Thread

More reason I believe that the core DVR software isn't new at all like many said was being done. The same bugs are still there that existed in the old UI as well.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

One thing this new UI has shown me is that maybe I do need a Hopper 3. The HWS has become very slooooooow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Issue Report: I downloaded CUI last Thursday. Since 203 I have multiple recordings every morning for channel 868 (Telehits). They seem to start around 3:00 am (update time?). These are not set up timers and are not shown in my timer list, so I cant delete the timer, only the recordings. There are more instances of the recordings every morning and the record dates indicate that the deleted recordings are returning along with new ones. I get up around 5 am and have to stop the recording and delete all recordings.

Forced the download on my HWS. I have a super Joey, 2 wireless Joeys, and a regular Joey. All receivers updated fine except the Super Joey is still has no CUI. The HWS detects it just fine. Any ideas????

Here are two issues I've noticed:
The guide on 202 and 203 has been laggy for me on both super Joey and hopper w/sling. Whether using page scroll or single select it is very sluggish.

The second one is when watching something and going to another screen such as dvr recordings, or guide, or anything that brings up the video currently being watched in the top right corner, the picture is still fully zoomed for a few seconds. It isn't instant and takes a few seconds for the picture to zoom out properly sized.

I've seen both of these as well (I posted about the 2nd one here in one of these threads too). It has done this since U201 (the "leaked" version from a few weeks ago).
The guide on 202 and 203 has been laggy for me on both super Joey and hopper w/sling. Whether using page scroll or single select it is very sluggish.
I've played with this a bit yesterday in fact. If you page-up or page-down too fast, it simply can't display it quick enough so when you stop pressing the buttons, you may have went from the locals (channels 2-?) and it displays channels in the 250 range. You never saw the guide info for the channels in between though. On the other hand, if you time it right, you can page-down, down, down pretty quickly and the guide can keep up.

Either way, with the new UI, it has to be faster for the simple reason that it doesn't have to draw the old versions gradient background in the grid.

The second one is when watching something and going to another screen such as dvr recordings, or guide, or anything that brings up the video currently being watched in the top right corner, the picture is still fully zoomed for a few seconds. It isn't instant and takes a few seconds for the picture to zoom out properly sized.

I took the plunge and did the upgrade on my HWS starting just before 1 a.m. It took about 30 minutes and is now working. So far I have no complaints about how things are working and I love that CUI allows the creation of additional folders to store recorded content. I don't know what the limit is, but I was able to make 2-3 extra ones beyond the limit with the old UI.

At first, my Super Joey was not being recognized, but I did the reset thing with the Joey and it came back on, after a short time, with the CUI.

I wish the program guide still showed a full 3 hours, but I don't have many complaints with the CUI thus far.

But I'm sure I'll have some issues to report as I use it more & more.[/QUOTE
I thought maybe I was losing it - I was sure I had read something that lead me to believe that I could create more than 5 folders - but when I do, those over-and-above the initial 5 are wiped out!! Anyone else successful with more than 5 folders??

Indeed, I've now found that I can make a seemingly unlimited number of new folders, name them, transfer recordings to them, etc. The bad news is that several of these new folders keep disappearing after a few days and their recordings are back in the "no folder" status. I'm getting weary of going through the clumsy process of naming them when I know that they probably will not be long for this world. I hope the final version of the new UI solves this problem. I miss the last batch of disappearing folders because I barely got to know them.

Indeed, I've now found that I can make a seemingly unlimited number of new folders, name them, transfer recordings to them, etc. The bad news is that several of these new folders keep disappearing after a few days and their recordings are back in the "no folder" status. I'm getting weary of going through the clumsy process of naming them when I know that they probably will not be long for this world. I hope the final version of the new UI solves this problem. I miss the last batch of disappearing folders because I barely got to know them.
Are you using the new Hopper? I am, and this was an advertised "feature" I THOUGHT I had read about. I have NOT been able to hang on to more than FIVE. Certainly not my only reason for upgrading but very definitely ONE of the reasons. At day 6 post-install, I also have NO program icon "artwork", just drab, gray "DISH" icons. And as far as I know, this thing has NEVER done a nightly update, even though I shut everything before 1AM. Frustrating!!

Last edited:
Where ? It doesn't ring a bell to me but I didn't keep up with all of the little details.
I can't remember where I first saw it but I have found reference to it from others in a number of posts both here and on Dish's own "Support Forum" - I was about ready to chalk it up to "wishful thinking" on my part until I found quite a few others asking the same questions. I still could be flaky :)

I can't remember where I first saw it but I have found reference to it from others in a number of posts both here and on Dish's own "Support Forum" - I was about ready to chalk it up to "wishful thinking" on my part until I found quite a few others asking the same questions. I still could be flaky :)
If I am wrong - there is still a "bug" - allowing a seemingly unlimited number of folders to be created then whisked away at restart.

Are you using the new Hopper? I am, and this was an advertised "feature" I THOUGHT I had read about. I have NOT been able to hang on to more than FIVE. Certainly not my only reason for upgrading but very definitely ONE of the reasons. At day 6 post-install, I also have NO program icon "artwork", just drab, gray "DISH" icons. And as far as I know, this thing has NEVER done a nightly update, even though I shut everything before 1AM. Frustrating!!
Nightly updates don't seem to be visible, not getting reminders on either of my boxes - either doing it in background or when shut off since my guide is updating & I have correct icons less than 2 days after install.

Yes, whether Dish announced a new feature related to folders doesn't matter if what you're saying is occurring. That behavior - folders disappearing - is definitely a bug.

Yes, whether Dish announced a new feature related to folders doesn't matter if what you're saying is occurring. That behavior - folders disappearing - is definitely a bug.
It's been a while since I've messed with programming but there is definitely some "buggy code" going on .... I created a folder called "Judges & Courts" - in the list of Timers, it shows as "Judges &Amp_Courts"

None of these issues taken by themselves seem like that big of a deal (no program tile-art, folders issues, no nightly update), but they are starting to pile up.

Reactions: Rixos
None of these issues taken by themselves seem like that big of a deal (no program tile-art, folders issues, no nightly update), but they are starting to pile up.
Hopefully no visible nightly update is a new feature, not a bug - it's been asked for ever since the first Hopper was released.

well, unfortunately, per DIRT, it sounds like "more than 5 folders" is not supposed to be possible - at least not at this time. Apparently the fact that we can create more (and then lose them at next restart) should not be happening. Whether or not (and when) is not known right now. DIRT is "waiting for clarification" on the matter. More when I hear ......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts