Card Reader?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bloomdog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
I have a Coolsat 4000 Pro. I have seen a Card Reader for sale on the internet for my receiver. What does one use (or need) a Card Reader for in the U.S.?:confused:
Thanks to All!
-bloomdog

I dont think there is a use for it here in the US. I think there might be one or two pay services that you might be able to use it on??

no use for it here in North America. The only thing it might be used for is Globecast on IA5...but I think they want you to get their box

There are actually several services to which you can subscribe in North America, available using forms of Viaccess, Irdeto and several other lesser known encryption formats. These encryption types do not marry to the receiver, so the card can be used with any embedded receiver or receiver with CI and a cam that supports the encryption format.

Globecast uses Nagravision, and the card is married to the receiver. Nagravision encryption is available by subscription if the content provider is supplied the receiver's unique identification keys. This is the reason that a Globcast subscription card can only be used in receivers approved for use with their system.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)