Carryout

shutterbugging

Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
Using a winegard 1518 carryout getting signal to main R.V. Tv but how do I get signal to bedroom tv? I understand about LNB and will be the same satellite, just wanna watch tv without having to buy a second box. Tks

This user PMed me, he has a DISH Network 222 Receiver and wants to hook up his second TV in his RV to his DISH setup. (He does not care if its on the same channel.)

I do not know the configuration on the back of the 222 and suggested he use a cable splitter from the Coax output on the back.

Is there any other way to do it?

222 I think does have coax output for tv1 and a home distribution port for tv2, so he can split off either of those. It has RCA out from receiver for tv2 he can connect to.

He can also split off of the line going to tv2 at any point between tv2 and the diplexer.

If he comes off the home distribution line going to TV 2, I believe he can go into modulator settings and turn tv1 on to home distribution port as well. Menu-6-1-5. So he could watch tv1 or tv2 off tv2's line.

Now if its a 222k without the ota module, then he has to use home distribution port and turn on the modulator for tv1

To use a Carryout with "Limited dual output capability: You'll need to remove the triplexer or seperator that would normally be used on a 222k and run 2 cables to the Carryout. Tuner 1 connects to the "main" output of the Carryout and tuner 2 connects to the "Sec" output of the Carryout. Tuner 1 will control the "Toggling" of the Carryout. Locate the coax that feeds the RV's bedroom and connect it to the TV 2 output of the 222k. Enjoy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts